R10 now coming up 20-30 yards short with Irons and driver

Just purchased the device and after 2 weeks of use my shots are consistently 20-30 yards short?  I am using the RTC balls so that is not the issue and setup indoors is exactly the same?  10ft from my screen and 7 ft from the tee and still >20 yards short.  Almost ready to return it -Please advise.  Was there a recent update?   Also I noticed that to get dialed in more I now have to register a swing speed of over 100mph which I've never had to do until recently.  Previous, about a week ago, my 95mph swing was only about 10yds short which I could live with.  Please advise

• Keep in mind to consider the environmental settings in pace at the beginning of the sim session and you can adjust the "Weather Conditions" for course, your, custom location, altitude, relative humidity, temperature, and wind conditions...as these will all factor into shot performance if using Home Tee Hero. Driving range sessions also has the weather conditions available for your location with altitude, relative humidity, and temperature available to be adjusted. Hitting indoors, these factors will not be very relevant, unless you are wanting to simulate something specific. 

If you have not already, the relevant support articles are linked below for you to view some additional information and suggestions to consider as well: 

Tips for Indoor or Outdoor Approach R10 Placement

Troubleshooting Radar Features of the Approach R10

• I have a similar problem to you as well.   while my speeds are not like yours, my distances are also really short.   in real life my 7 iron will carry about 145 and roll out to just over 150 but with the garmin my 7 iron will carry at most 130 (and that is swinging out of my shoes), as my clubs get longer the discrepancy gets worse.   my driver in real life carries about 230 yards and usually rolls out another 15-20 yards.  with the garmin my driver might carry 170 yards, i almost never get to 200 yards after roll, even with hard fairways and a wind at my back.   My garmin is perfectly and i mean perfectly leveled and straight to my screen.   I never see any interference messages so i doubt it's that.   even at the range that has a launch monitor (top golf style), the garmin still shows consistently short.   I've learned to live with it and don't pay attention to the distance garmin gives me anymore (still use the spin and launch angle stats to help improve) but when i have to hit a 4 hybrid to carry 140 yard par 3 it gets a bit annoying.

yes i done all the different "fixes" people have mentioned, faraday cage, leveling, different distances to screen and LM, change the elevation, weather....blah blah blah, none of them did a lick of good.   this was both in the garmin app and in gspro, i also tried home tee hero and that other one amazing golf or something, no difference at all.

Also all the reviews on youtube that say it's accurate to blah yards +-3 yards or whatever, well that's a bunch of crap and in my opinion the youtube guys who say it's awesome and accurate are a bunch of liars who just want to get clicks, there is no way this thing is that accurate, so you can either try return it and get something that is accurate or do like me and live with it and just use it to just whack balls in your garage and give up on using it to hone your swing.

sorry i couldn't answer your question, but hopefully knowing you are not alone gives you some piece of mind.   for the longest time I thought it was my setup but now i know it's just the device.

• One of my early complaints (close to a year now - along with a few other basic requests that have never been addressed) has been the environment settings go to the local location default setting each time a new session is started. I've found a custom environment setting that works for me after comparing to Awesome Golf. Why hasn't an improvement been made to allow the custom environment setting to be universal for all range sessions & for HTH ? 

• I've had my R10 for about a year. I also have Arccos sensors on my clubs so I know exactly what my club averages are. For the last year I had to adjust my R10 weather conditions to 10K altitude, 100% humidity, and temp of 95 to get anywhere near my a course club averages.

The last two months I have been working on my swing in the back yard without golf balls. Really working on what I should feel as opposed to results I was seeing in real time. Last week I started going to the range again. The swing work has paid off. I am hitting the ball 1-2 clubs farther and with a draw as opposed to something uncontrollable.  

This week I charged the R10 and set it up in the garage. Nothing has changes in there for the last two months. Without making any weather changes, all of my irons (5i - LW) are mysteriously spot on.

Driver - 4H is a different story. Distance are close close but everything appears with low trajectory (4 yard apex) with lot of run out. With my swing change, these are not my most inconsistent clubs and was hoping to get some extra work at home now that DST has kicked in. However, that may not be the case.

Anyone see certain club capture correctly but not other. Going to try RTC balls today t see if that helps.

• Here is some tricks I found to look out for with indoor play. I had some of the same complaints after mine appeared to regress after working almost flawlessly (even hit it against a Trackman and margin was as advertised). First, make sure the floor is covered from R10 to hitting area. Second, make sure there is clear space all around R10 and hitting area. This being a doppler based unit I have learned it is very sensitive to reverberated noise. I put up acoustic panels and it was a great help. Make sure you have an impact screen vs a net. For whatever reason the way a net catches the ball will always seem to provide inconsistent numbers as compared the the quick stop of an impact screen. Last piece of advice if you're anything like me (I built my sim in garage) and using this indoors in cold winter environments, adjust your environment settings to a temp that you normally play golf in. When it is below freezing and it is reading off location temps, it is amazing how much shorter the ball flies. Hope this helps.

• I'm having a similar issue but much worse. Purchased the unit new from a local store last week. I'm struggling to get my driver close to my distance. I can usually hit 200-220 with a smooth swing and 250+ when I try to hit it harder. The r10 is giving me 110 yards on my smooth shots and 145 on the hits where I try to kill it. I have 8 feet from where it hits and 7 feet to the r10. It on a level surface aiming directly at the ball. I'm also using the rct balls.

Irons are closer but still way off. I'm getting 80-100 no matter which I hit.

I shot a course I usually hit around 90-105 but shot 135 bc my drives couldn't make it to the fairways.

Only thing I can think is I'm using a tee to hit with the driver which raises it a few inches, could that be it? Its not usable right now.

• Very unlikely tee is the issue.

But impossible to give an indication of the problem without any data..

What is Your clubhead speed, ball speed and vertical launch angle? Those are the 3 most important ones related to distance, and where You will find the issue.

• My swing speed is 90 mph with a driver, average driver carry on the course is 200, average distance is 225. Garmin is reporting 175 distance. 

My net is 14’ away, hitting on a 6” tall deck, Garmin is set back 7’, even 6” height, level, on a small platform.  There is a gap between the Garmin platform and the hitting deck. 

My hitting alley has a Pavilion post 2’ from the ball, and the ball trough is a mere 5” away from the hitting mat tee. 

Garmin on a flat range reports shot distances spot on; confirmed with a range finder. 

Neighbor with a 100mph swing speed gets driver distances much closer to actual  

I’ll try adding the hitting screen (painter drop cloth), moving away from the Pavilion post, and the ball trough.

Will be challenging to get a continuous platform between the Garmin and the Tee, but that may be the final fix. 

• Ok, so I take it that Garmin is indicating 90 mph CHS?

That should give approx 200 yds carry, agree.

So what are the data Garmin is telling regarding ball speed / smash factor and vla?

If the Garmin is measuring around 125-130 ball speed, and vla about 12-14 degree, I see no reason why the carry should be 175. So one of them has to be lower.

• Here’s a data point

• CHS 95 (typically 89)
    • Ball Speed 126
    • Launch Angle 17.8
    • Apex Height 36
    • Smash Factor 1.32
    • Carry 184
    • Total 193