R10 not working picking up shots at outdoor driving range

I havent been able to get the R10 to work once at the outdoor driving range.  I have an iphone and have the latest 4.3 software loaded on r10. I have also uninstalled and removed device and then reinstalled and paired the unit again. i have also calibrated the unit.  The device is setup at 7 feet away, no one else even on the driving range and the unit is flashing green.  I take my shot and the unit shows a red light and then goes back to flashing green,  In the app nothing happens.

• Same for me. It used to work very well so far, but it's not picking up shots at all now.

• A real problem of stability in this product. It was the case on Android and also on IOS. Garmin products are not fnished even 2 years after their first sale

• The firmware version of the R10 is not the important thing here, the varsion of the Garmin Golf App is.

I believe the latest version of the golf app fixes this issue, introduced recently.

• I think so. Garmin golf application is not efficient and it is the only way to access to r10 radar.

More tests are necessary to improve the stability.

Garmin it is up to you!!

• According to Garmin they have fixed this in latest version of the App.

Since I'm on Android I don't know the latest version for Iphone, or if You actually have the latest version installed on Your phone.

Check app store.

• Latest version currently as of May 12, 2023 Garmin Golf app for iOS is 2.12.1

• Make sure version 2.12.1 is showing if using iPhone, and verify your iOS is up to date. 

Sometimes at the range, if you have the R10 positioned on concrete, the reflectiveness of the sun can cause interference in the radar detecting the shot. 

Try moving the R10 closer to 6 feet behind you, as when you are outdoors, the ball flight allows a lot of radar capture for the ball from the shot location. 

If you have clubs or other metallic reflective surfaces ahead of R10 where the signal is extending, try removing those out of the way to see if that helps. 

• I have the latest version already and i am hitting off grass with no concrete around.  Also as i mentioned there was no one else at the range to cause interference.   Should i try connecting to another app like E6 to see if the data is coming through.  The lights are flashing green and when i hit they go red for bit and then back to flashing green.  On the garmin app nothing happens.

• Are You waggling a lot?

The R10 will turn red on any movement it captures. This is normal and just tells You that it has started swing capture.

However, and here is the point, it takes a while before going into ready mode again (flashing green).

So if You waggle, or do test shot, Your actual swing may come before the unit is ready to capture it.

You can easily verify if this is the issue by standing still with the club, make sure it's flashing green, and then do a shot in one motion.

Very slow backswings I assume can also be an issue as the unit has a timeframe You have to make a shot within..

• I do have a bit of a waggle but then i ground the club behind the ball before i start my swing.  I will try your suggestion and just address the ball and start my swing without the waggle to see if that helps.  Its really frustrated to have a device that hasnt worked once and have been to the range 4 times with zero success.