So Many Missed Shots

My backyard setup misses roughly 30% of my swings. I have done the obvious things

*Latest firmware/software on all components (R10/Awesome Golf/GSPro/E6 Connect
*R10 is on a leveling stand
*Have measured distances multiple times (7 feet R10 to ball, 8 feet ball to net)

In my case a few shots might read correctly, the next 5 missed. Or 1 good, 1 missed. There is no rhyme or reason to it.

I wondered if I needed to be mindful of objects behind the net. Today I tried a beige sheet draped behind the net to remove 'distractions' from behind the net. Made no difference whatsoever.

What I often see is, for example in E6 connect is this sequence...
I strike the ball, Garmin LED goes red (calculating I assume)
E6 connect screen says 'calculating'
No shot registered. Nothing

This will also happen with only the Garmin Golf App in use (e.g. the Garmin driving range), not proxying to the third party integrations.
The results are the same on both the platform scenarios
iPad Pro>Garmin Golf app>E6 or Awesome Golf
Garmin Golf app Android>API Sync to GSPro or E6 on a new gaming laptop

There is no option for me to bring this inside and control conditions more closely. The R10 offers a huge potential for productive and fun practice at home, but in my current usage I get infuriated enough to want to swing at the Garmin rather than the ball.

My current job allows me to work from home. I am really hoping my lunch hour can be a round of golf on GSPro or other sim based challenge.

Any input appreciated.