Club Path off?

Hi

I have been using my R10 at the driving range, and has noted that the club path data seems a bit strange.

I tend to get values between 5-10 Left, and occasionally even higher. I tried lots of things to adjust swing but nothing seems to make a difference. So I complete changed the stance/direction aiming about 20 degrees to the right, and then it gave me 2.5 Right. The ball of course took off in the totaly wrong direction vs the fairway/driving range.

Normal straight shots often show club path around 10 L.

Club Face shows values around zero +-2.

Any comments on this?

Thanks!

• I should mention the ball path on the screen is fairly correct.

• Turning right won't fix the club path, that's based on swing. Look into YouTube on "swallowing" club, or "fix over the top".

I have been doing the same, and feel the path numbers are pretty good overall.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 2 years ago in reply to 1883604

I found many videos about swallowing swords but nothing about swallowing clubs...

• Lmao, I guess I got autocorrected.  Yes, I meant "shallowing"

• Shallowing, thanks, I'll give this a try. 

• Any fix for this? I constantly get a left reading unless I aim 15 yards to the right. So I assume I’m coming over the top I try harder and harder and harder to come inside out and rarely does it work. Then I had a a professional golfer try the device to show a right club path and no matter what he did it was showing the left path and the man hits a push draw. How does the device measure your club path? Does it Mark the club head on the way back and if the clubhead is inside that on the way through then it displays a right path? Or does it read where the hands are at near impact and if the clubhead is inside the hands then it shows a right path?

• I am experiencing exactly the same thing. I've had lessons recently to actually change my path as I come too much from the inside, however if I trust the R10 it will say that my club path is significantly left and over-the-top. When I just try to test it by over exaggerating an inside swing, or a blatant over the top move which I can easily do, they are all just versions of left.

As a result, I've found the direction and dispersion on the device to be grossly inaccurate, which then seems to be affecting other variables as they are all loosely together based on the calculation.

Is this just a faulty unit? NOTE: I've bought a dedicated balancing board to get it spot on at the same height as the range mats, and measured the distance away with a tape measure. No matter what I do, it is the same thing, and super variable results.

I'm no pro, but I play off 4 and can hit a pretty consistent ball, plus manipulate my swing usually to test things like this. But when I see the direction also going wildly different to what the ball actually does on the range... something must be seriously wrong!

• Balancing and distance is not the most affecting thing.

Direction of the R10 unit is.

I also find it difficult to know where the unit is aiming as I cannot stand behind it.

If You turn the unit slightly to the left, it will read path coming more from inside. Also the unit must be behind the ball and not too much offset towards You.

I will get me a small laser in order to find out the direction the unit is pointing.