R10 Distances are way off indoors since 3.9.

Hi - wanted to report a strange occurrence since updating my R10 to 3.9. I have tried everything on this forum (calibration, raising, tilting, etc) to get it fixed, but nothing as worked. 

My R10 no longer is anywhere close to correct distances in my garage. And ONLY my garage. The system still works fine outdoors on a range and I have even brought it to an indoor simulator at GolfTec and while it isn't perfect compared to their tens of thousands of dollars worth of equipment, it is pretty darn close. I have run multiple tests and here are my results:

1. Before Update In Garage: 7 iron - 160 carry - 171 total - 15.2 launch angle

2. After Update in Garage: 7 iron - 134 carry - 144 total - 16.7 launch angle

3. After Update GolfTec: 7 iron - 164 carry - 175 total - 18 launch angle (this is the R10 reading at GolfTec)

4: Before Update at Range:7 iron 168 carry - 176 total - 16.3 launch angle (can't repeat this test now because it is winter in Minnesota, but if it works at Golftec, it will work on a range)

Nothing as changed in my garage. I have 7 ft from R10 to golf ball and 10 ft from golf ball to net. 

I can't have a simulator bay that takes me 20 mins to set up/tear down and/or cover my entire flooring and walls with stuff. My car needs to go there when not using the R10. So, I am currently looking at returning my R10 to either Rainorshinegolf or Garmin. I can't have a system this unreliable and I've never been able to get any club to go over 200 yards consistently with the R10 in my garage at all. My longest drive is only 205. It isn't my swing. It isn't just me by looking at this forum and the R10 facebook group. Maybe it just isn't the product for me.

• There is an elevation setting in GSPro go to settings then game there is an altitude setting there. BTW love GSPro on the R10 I think it's better than TGC 2019. I find the R10 on GSPro to be very near my actual yardages.

• Have you tried using E6? I had the same problem, but when using E6, distances are ok (strange, but true)

• Nope. I’m outside and actually have 12 feet to the net. It’s something in Garmins HTH algorithms not doing well into a net because E6 using the exact same unit and setup and it’s showing much better distance. 
  • E6 will not change your readings, it's just getting the data from the garmin app. if you uninstall the garmin app E6 cant connect to the R10. i played last night with a friend and her driver was spinning up to 6800 rpm sometimes, just like mine. so it's not me, it's the R10. 

• E6 will not change your readings, it's just getting the data from the garmin app. if you uninstall the garmin app E6 cant connect to the R10. i played last night with a friend and her driver was spinning up to 6800 rpm sometimes, just like mine. so it's not me, it's the R10. 

• of course E6 is using the same data, but different software means different interpretation thereof and apparently different distances. The problem mainly occurs inside, when the software has to ‘interpret’ the data and convert these into distances, because the ball flies only a couple of yards. Whatever the reason, my findings are that other software than  Garmin’s will give better distances. Also Awesome Golf, for example

• I recently bought gspro and the hifh driver spin readings make it balloon like it would ireal life.

It's annoying. Changing elevation doesn't really help. Garmin needs to fix the high spin readings when using the driver.

• I just upgraded to 3.9 and the R10 is unusable now indoors.  Same setup … with 3.8 the distances were always short but the direction, ball and club data seemed reasonably accurate .  Now, it’s way off.  Every other swing says 20 degree right club path etc.  I’m apparently hitting 20 yard slices with a gap wedge - which I’m not for sure as a low cap player.  I’ve tried everything - it’s just not calculating shots correctly.  If the next update doesn’t fix this, it’s going to have to go.

• Has anyone solved this? I wouldn't have bought this had I realised it was so bad. Using it out doors it's constantly 20-30% short, I have follwed all the troubleshooting and tips and verified distanced the ball actually travels witth a laser range finder which is spot on. For all the complex readings it offers you would have thought they;'d get the distance correct. Very dissapointed I will be trying to get a refund. 

• Has anyone solved this? I would never had bought this had I known it was so bad. I have followed the set up exactly and all the trouble shooting and tips and hints. The yardage is consitantly 20-30% less when using outdoors in perfect confditions. I have verified the distance that the ball is actually travelling using a laser range finder. Given all the comlex data the R10 measures you would have thought they would get the distances correct! Very dissapointed, I'll be contacting Garmin for a refund.