Home Tee Hero not opening

Hi, I'm using an Android phone with the latest version (8.0), Garmin app and R10 are also up to date. But when I press "play now" in HTH the app shows "no results found" for a millisecond and then it just crashes and it won't open again.

I've tried deleting Garmin Golf app and then reinstalling it and signing in again and restarting my phone but this doesn't help.

I can play the driving range and I can participate in the weekly tournaments but for some reason HTH seems to have some bug. Anyone else have this problem and have you been able to solve it? I've tried everything I can think of and am out of ideas now. I wrote to Garmin support a few days ago but no reply yet...

1. Thanks if you have any idea here:-) 
  • I was having a similar issue. Weekly tournaments and driving range work but play now goes to player select shortly and then crashes. After a few hours of troubleshooting I may have figured it out. I had to go to my profile and add a name. Name was blank for some reason. After doing that and restarting the app, I'm able to play courses. 

• I was having a similar issue. Weekly tournaments and driving range work but play now goes to player select and then crashes. After a few hours of troubleshooting I may have figured it out. I had to go to my profile and add a name. Name was blank for some reason. After doing that and restarting the app, I'm able to play courses. 

• Just signed up for my 30 day free trial, app froze after downloading and selecting a course.  Made sure I had setup a name on my account profile and cleared the cache...so far that seems to have solved the problem. 

• Hi garmin Rob,

There's actually about a hundred reports fo this. I've he'd the r10 for a year now, my free 30 day trial worked fine and once I started paying for the app it freezes and drops anytime I try to play. Oddly enough the weekly tournament will always work. I gave up on hth last year but now have got a new phone thought it would have to work, but still crashes?.... my phone actually says there is a bug in the garmin app after it crashes. I've Uninstalled and cleared cache and to no prevail. What is going on? I have never payed for an app that doesn't work and this is obviously a problem with alot of people? This is pathetic 

• This post being a couple years old, any concerns related to this are not going to be the same issue within the Garmin Golf application. 

If users are having concerns accessing Garmin Golf membership features, the following should be considered prior to contacting Garmin Support: 

• Did you purchase the Garmin Golf membership through in-app purchases through the account on your smartphone?
    • If you subsGarmin Golf Membership Status and Renewal Dateubscriptions and verify your account shows the Garmin Golf membership active. For AndroidOS, this can be managed via the steps outlined on the support page here: Manage Android Garmin Golf In-App Purchases. For iPhone users, you can check the status of the subscription through the steps outlined on our support page here: Manage iOS Garmin Golf In-App Purchases
    • Did you purchase the Garmin Golf membership through Garmin.com...or as a bundle from a Garmin dealer? If you are purchasing the golf membership through the website or using a code that came in box...ensure that you checkout with the same email address that you are using when signing into the Garmin Golf app...otherwise if the email address at checkout through the website is different than the email you are signed in with through the Garmin Golf app...The Golf membership will not activate to your account. This goes the same if purchasing the Golf Membership through the site for someone as a gift...The email address used at checkout will need to match the email for the account sign in with the Garmin Golf app. There is no way to change the email the subscription is purchased/activated through. 
    • If you are still experiencing issues, please contact Garmin Support so they can gather your device and account info to verify if a membership is active, and to get you a solution for any membership related concerns with accessing the features. 

Links to Garmin Support for further reference related to concerns mentioned on this post topic: