E6 Connect and Windows 10

I cannot get E6 to work in Windows 10.

• Both the PC and Android device are on the same network
  • In E6 ,I have changed the setting to use the IP address of the PC and put the IP and port into the Android device
  • In the E6 forums, it mentions the WiFi ust be "private" (and mine is)

I think I have done everything correctly. Do you need to open any ports on the router?

I wish there were better diretions or a video on how to do this .These are less than helpful:

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/GUID-E2BBF6BE-4276-436F-B697-59ABEFD61933/EN-US/GUID-37FD8E26-A3A2-4E0A-8168-87D8D3CBFB9A.html

Tips or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!

• I got it to work. When in E6, one you select the IP, you have to "accept". and then "go back up" to where you started.

I was just highlighting the IP and trying to connect. Seems obvious now but....

• I keep getting disconnected from E6 on PC and then can not reconnect. I can still telnet to ip and port 2483 for E6 but the Garmin app on the phone will not connect. Any suggestions?

• Like TexasDave, seems obvious now but you have to click on the IP address (turns blue) and then press accept.  I was screwing around with whitelisting ports/IPs in McAfee firewall, but all I had to do to make it work was highlight the IP address and then press accept.  I was doing the opposite of TexasDave, hitting accept without selecting the IP address.  I assume that feature is for commercial facilities/ranges that have a lot of approach r10 devices that are all on the same Wifi so you might have several or many IPs in that list.

• Thank you TexasDave you have saved me from pulling all my hair out trying to get My Android Garmin App to connect to E6 on my PC. once I clicked on the IP address in the E6 programme turning the IP address blue and then accepted it, I was able to connect first go. Thanks again for posting this solution.