R10 indoor distances off. What net are people using?

Hi everyone,

I returned my first unit after long discussions with Garmin helpdesk.

However teh replacement unit is marginally better... but still wildly inaccurate indoors.

I have carpeted the area. I have covered up everything and anything that could cause radar issues.

I have moved unit and net distances - closer and further... 

I am now wondering if it is the type of net I am using.

It seems that people that use a solid background are having less problems then people like me that hits into a net.

What are peoples thoughts?

Could teh fact that the ball slows down then slops in a net affect the reading?

I was so looking forward to winter indoor golf but I think I will have to return for money back

• I am using a photography sheet from amazon in front of a heavy duty mesh tarp from harbor freight. Behind that I have a harbor freight moving blanket hung for extra protection. I may have some mildy short reads indoors but nothing that I would categorize as wildly inaccurate.  

• I've changed the distance above sea level to 10,000 feet in the E6 app and this seems to have fixed the issue.  I was regularly coming up short on all my clubs, was hitting my 9 iron only in the 140s when I know I'm typically around 160 with it, after the change in the elevation, I'm back into the 160s and my drives are back into the 270-280 range.  Doesn't look like there is a setting for this in Home Tee Hero though, so until they get that fixed, looks like it's E6 for me, pretty disappointing since I paid the subscription for HTH already and can't get that back.

• I have the same problem. I shoot into a net, there are bushes behind it. I can reach a maximum distance of 130 m, no matter which club I use. At times I attached a stable foil behind the net, the data did not change as a result. The distance from the ball to the net is 4 m. I made some attempts with different distances to the net, unfortunately negative. I am very disappointed with the R10 and would not buy again. I hope Garmin will solve the problem quickly!

• Have you tried changing the elevation as I noted above? Or are you only referring to the Garmin App? The free E6 courses are great.

• Am I right in assuming E6 connect only works with IOS (iPhone?)