Why your distances are off and a simple fix.

I finally had time and energy to do a full session and test how much having the R10 misaligned affects shots. Here are my results.

I hit 7 irons as it's my most consistent club.

Baseline setup was the R10 centered, raised up to level of hitting mat and leveled both ways as well.

I hit 10 shots, Launch angle varied 16 to 17 degrees. Carry 190-198. (Mishits were removed). Every shot was a draw which is expected for me.

I then put the R10 on the floor below the hitting mat. Launch angle dropped about 1.5 degrees on average which took about 8-10 yards off the carry. Still only draws, everything else consistent. (This would also make shorter irons go further as it would deloft let's say a pitching wedge, but the longer the iron gets, the more it's likely to shorten carry distance)

I then un-leveled it so one side was higher than the other. All my shots became fades, regardless how hard I tried to draw it. Leveling it the other way everything became a hard hook. It also missed picking up spin on some of these shots.

I then leveled it but had it pointed either too far left or right. This affected the swing path results but nothing else. Curvature, Launch angle and spin were consistent. 

Lastly I hit some drivers. Numbers were spot on when fully aligned. I'm a bit shorter in my garage until I completely trust swinging in the smaller space, but I have had this happen on all simulators I've used.

In summation. Use a level and tape off your center lines. Make sure your R10 doesn't sit below or above the mat. Your numbers will be accurate.

• In what environmental conditions were doing this? How far is your R10 from the ball, and how far does the ball travel to the net?

I have been able to create accurate readings outdoors at a driving range on a paved level subfloor by raising the R10 to mat level and avoiding too many nearby large objects. Less so in a yard hitting into a net, but I have the ability to create perfectly level conditions with a laser level and sandbag that fits under the R10.  Garmin-Rob suggested raising the device 1.2", which I will also test.

• As far as I have seen across the various forums, you're the first person getting accurate woods readings in a garage, which is where I'd also like to hit. If you could post a photo or quick video of your setup I'm sure a lot of us would study it to try and replicate your results.

Are you getting these numbers on Garmin or E6 applicatoin?

• Appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot and share your results here.  However... I'm not taking a level, small mat, and measuring tape to the range with me.  That isn't required with any other launch monitor, nor was it required during pre-testing reviews.  I'm positive it's a firmware issue, but it's helpful to know about the importance of the alignment to get better accuracy.  Thank you.

• xray, while I have had to change bays a couple times at my range (automatic bays have a lot of hardware around), I find shots recorded accurate as long as I elevate the R10 to the mat level. I eyeball a straight line, use my measure app to make sure I have 6+ feet behind me, and I'm good to go.

• To get a spot level for your tripod, simply use a piece of plywood, I used a piece of HDPE plastic that I had, large enough for the tripod to use in conjunction with it.  Then with an iPhone, Android might have something similar, go to your compass app.  On my iPhone it is located under extras and the center of the compass has a crosshair so when you lay it on the plywood it becomes very easy to level up.  I have also gone to Lowes and purchased a pack of 4 Scotch Leveling Glides and drilled 2 holes at each side of the front and one hole in the center of the back to easily level it up.  The Leveling Glides cost about $4 for the four pack.

• Jagmanjoe,  can you take a pic of that for us mate?  it would be interesting to see it.  

• I have only been using mine inside. I have the unit 7ft behind the ball, on a small piece of hitting mat that is the same level as my main mat. My net is 8ft in front of the ball. I did a driving range session in both the Garmin app on my Samsung phone and the E6 app on my iPad and then compared to my GPS-recorded driver shots from my Garmin watch while playing on real courses. All the averages were very close to each other. The E6/Garmin averages were dang-near identical. I am using a floor fan, placed behind the unit. Version 3.3

• Yes I'd also like to see a photo of your setup...  kind of seems a bit excessive to have to get out a level to use a launch monitor.   

• Not who you're asking but here's mine and it works quite well: https://imgur.com/a/IjwCsMj 

Note my garage door is open there so I can get behind and take a photo but it's normally closed. I have about 6' from the unit to ball and 10-11' from the ball to the net. My irons seem very good for distance and my driver is maybe 10-15 yards short but I've been living with it.

• can anyone who's found success like this please post the software version their unit is running on ?