"Golf Sim Sessions' Data Export

Is there a way to export "Golf Sim Sessions" data to a .csv or other file type to review on my Mac? Just got my R10 and I would like to explore the data a bit more offline.

• Hi Rob

i have just bought the r10. Love it but also agree the data export function will be really useful. Is there an update 

thanks

dawn

• This functionality is what it needs to move from being a fun novelty for practice, to a useful training and improvement tool.  the Python guy above showed that the data is accessible...now hopefully Garmin is listening and they'll put the interface on top of it that will let the average Joe get at it. 

• I too create graphs and would love to have an export feature so I can produce charts that mean something to me.

• Yes, there needs to be an export function for the training sessions and also for the simulated rounds. But I wouldn´t get my hopes up, we had a simmilar discussion on the board regarding the G80 and nothing happened. Still, I´ll add to the request!

• Well, the script didn´t work for me but if you have the .json files you can import them directly into Excel, see video. I´d still like an easy export function, though!

www.youtube.com/watch

• Hello, just bought the radar and indeed the most obvious feature missing compared to similar product or Software is data visualisation and data analysis. If we can’t export the data please add your own data analysis section, with a way to get average data for each items and each club… 

• Thank you jigdagod for this.  It tested my computer skills but I was able to get it working.  You had asked Garmin to add the few remaining data points to that file.  All 3 can be calculated from the data that is already in the file.

Face to Path = Club Face angle  - Club Path angle

Side Spin = 17.365 * spin_axis * spin_rate/1000

Back Spin = (spin_rate^2 - side_spin^2)^.5

I have tested all 3 of these calcs and they agree to the data shown in the app.  Side spin is accurate within a few rpm, and back spin is spot on.

It was also nice to see Swing Tempo available in this data.  It would be nice is Garmin made that parameter available for selection in the app.

I like all the data this provides.  It would be great if Garmin could provide an easy way to get this, without having to be really computer literate.  For those still trying to get this consolidated data, following are the hoops I jumped through to get it working ....

Install Anaconda (anaconda.com)
    Open Anaconda Navigator and use this url to add Pandas
    docs.anaconda.com/.../

Request data from Garmin (log on to garmin.com, choose Account and Export Your Data)
    Copy r10_data_converter.py to the DI-GOLF directory

Open Anaconda Navigator
    Click the arrow beside 'Pandas' and Open Terminal
    Change the directory to the folder where the .json files are stored cd\mark\data\golf\di-golf
    Run the conversion program by typing python "r10_data_converter.py"
    Copy the results in outfile_converted_data.csv to the Raw Data tab in Garmin R10 Data.xlsx (available on dropbox www.dropbox.com/.../Garmin-R10-Data.xlsx

Calculations in Clean Data tab ....
    convert speed from m/s to mph speed x 2.23694
    convert spin rate and spin axis to side spin 17.365 x spin_axis x spin_rate/1000
    calculate back spin (spin_rate^2-side_spin^2)^.5
    face to path club face - club path

• Thanks for those additional calculations.

• I realize this is not a Python support group.  I got the whole process to work once, and have now tried running again with an updated json file (more driving range sessions) from Garmin, and I get the following errors ....

(Pandas) C:\Users\mg>cd\mark\data\golf\di-golf

(Pandas) C:\Mark\Data\Golf\DI-GOLF>python "r10_data_converter.py"
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "r10_data_converter.py", line 17, in <module>
    shotFrame = pd.DataFrame(simdata['shots'].array).reset_index()
    File "C:\Users\mg\anaconda3\envs\Pandas\lib\site-packages\pandas\core\frame.py", line 694, in __init__
    arrays, columns, index = nested_data_to_arrays(
    File "C:\Users\mg\anaconda3\envs\Pandas\lib\site-packages\pandas\core\internals\construction.py", line 483, in nested_data_to_arrays
    arrays, columns = to_arrays(data, columns, dtype=dtype)
    File "C:\Users\mg\anaconda3\envs\Pandas\lib\site-packages\pandas\core\internals\construction.py", line 799, in to_arrays
    arr, columns = _list_of_dict_to_arrays(data, columns)
    File "C:\Users\mg\anaconda3\envs\Pandas\lib\site-packages\pandas\core\internals\construction.py", line 884, in _list_of_dict_to_arrays
    pre_cols = lib.fast_unique_multiple_list_gen(gen, sort=sort)
    File "pandas\_libs\lib.pyx", line 400, in pandas._libs.lib.fast_unique_multiple_list_gen
    File "C:\Users\mg\anaconda3\envs\Pandas\lib\site-packages\pandas\core\internals\construction.py", line 882, in <genexpr>
    gen = (list(x.keys()) for x in data)
    AttributeError: 'float' object has no attribute 'keys'

I tried uninstalling Anaconda, and reinstalling, and still get the same errors.  I was very excited to finally get data into excel for better analysis.  I am not a programmer.  Any idea what might have changed to cause this issue ?