Garmin golf app my bag stats

Hi,

Is there anyway that when your using the R10 it saves the average distances of each club into the "my bag" option in the app. I know the CT10 does this but with the R10 this would be a great add on. 

• 100% agree with this.  It would be so handy if the R10 (via the Driving Range) spoke to the App regarding distances in "My Bag"  so the data from that talks to Garmin watches (like the S62 and the Virtual caddy)

• Agreed.  I made suggestions on improving the app if you care to view and comment.  Go to "R10 distances seem off" to see them, it's towards the end of comments

• Completely agree. Seems odd you can edit and save a range session but then that data isn't kept or used anywhere. Garmin, please take note, this would be an amazing feature to add to the app. 

• Yes range stats should be incorporated into "My Bag".  Maybe the are factoring in the shorter distances of range balls skewing numbers...  But then how else would we get data into the app.  Play through the bucket of range balls on HTH?  Seems as though the logic is a little skewed here...

• Suggestions for Garmin to improve the software app on the phone:

1 - Buy a Rapsodo and see how they use the same type of data the Garmin collects to generate a screen that shows trajectory from a side view.

2 - Allow for exporting of data to excel and other apps users can use on a computer.

3 - Allow the unit to be connected to a computer so the user can look at the data and edit for mistakes, etc... essentially a Garmin Golf App that works on a Mac or PC

4 - Have a screen in the app that uses averages of each club to help golfers "map" their bag.

5 - Add club choices that are missing, i.e. many pros use a 7 wood but it's missing from the app choices.

6 - Allow the nicknames/lables of the clubs to be seen on the shot list... for example, there are many golfers that are deciding between one club or another and they test them out... as in, I have a 4 iron in a Ping Eye 2 and a Wilson and I would like to compare the performance of the two.  I have tried, but the app does not allow me to distinguish the performance between those two in any screen.

7 - Allow the app to be rotated into a landscape position, it would make reading the information much easier on some pages.

8 - On the shot list where one can edit a shot, there's an option to change out the club.  I did that on one particular shot because I hit a 3 wood when I still had the app listed as a 5 wood, BUT what happened was is that it changed all my 5 wood recordings to a 3 wood.  That needs to be fixed.

• Totally agree
    A big part of the R10 for me, was dialing in the half and three quarter shots on my wedges... eg I have set up 3 x PW's in the bag with different nick names (PW Easy, PW Half, PW 80%).

Garmin Golf app allows you to separate them out in the bag and use on a driving range sessions, they each have an average carry etc which is great but... the stats don't forward up to the My Bag section as I was expecting.

The info is all there it just needs to populate... Toptracer app does it and for R10 users, this is effectively the same product.

Further to other note below, it'd also be great if the nick name was visible as opposed to all these clubs being listed just as "PW". Nicknames being visible could also remove the need to add a 7 wood etc to the club list but that part is 'workable' albeit a little clumsy as is... the biggie for me is that stats go to the My Bag. 

• Dear Garmin,

is there any update on this obviously needed and expected feature?  why have the "my bag" if it doesn't incorporate driving range sessions data... I bought a $600 unit and I have to use pencil and paper notebook?

• I was looking for this as well, put in 100 shots on my 9i just to get my avg down, and then noticed it doesn't go into the "My Bag" section.  How do you even update those numbers?  It is not in the edit screen.

• couldnt agree more! Garmin should really start replying here imo. I am in agile softwared developement and I would love to get first hand user feedback like this :) 

• Yes, this please. If this is ever going to become a real practice tool and not just a "toy" simulator, the Garmin app needs to do a much better job of presenting data. The fact that I have to request a json file, run a custom python script and then manipulate the data in excel just to get anything worthwhile is pretty poor. Don't get me wrong, this unit is awesome... but shouldn't the app be the easy part?