Approach R10 and CT10 sensors

Does the Approach R10 work in conjunction with CT10 sensors (either alone or on my Approach S62 watch) so that club selection is automatically displayed in the Garmin Golf App when using the Approach R10?

• so you could release a driving range activity on the compatible watches which would combine both the r10 & ct10 inputs?

• Garmin is reviewing this feedback for future consideration and improvements for customers wanting more options to track clubs during range sessions or sim sessions. 

Currently manual assignment of the club in the Garmin Golf app for R10 range sessions is required for tracking the club, but we may offer improvements to this feature in the future. 

• This is a highly needed feature and the main reason I bought the R10. I would like the option to head to the driving range and the R10 would detect the specific club attached to the ct10 (via phone or directly)  and get the average distances with my clubs. Should be an automatic feature to detect the club being used also.

• The CT-10 sensors specifically have no design element currently allowing them to be used to identify clubs during R10 sessions, as they are entirely centered around sensor pairing through GPS golf devices. 

ANT+ is the wireless signal used for pairing, and not bluetooth...so CT-10 cannot be paired to a smartphone for use with the Garmin Golf app. ANT+ is a low energy signal similar to bluetooth, and is a standard for sensor pairing to wearable devices, as this signal type is ideal for multiple sensors in close proximity to each other, transmitting signals to avoid excess interference to allow bluetooth smartphone connection, and three clubs out of the bag at once. 

We are looking further into possibly offering other options, but currently clubs must be manually assigned during sessions to track the specific club being used for each shot. 

The options available currently for manually assigning shots is how most other launch monitors work in the industry, so it is important to consider that the current method of assigning clubs is not unique to Garmin. 

• I have S62, CT10 sensors and will probably buy R10. So the full integration of the several systems would be great !!

• I also purchased the CT10s in hopes of using it with my R10. I did not realize that they were not compatible with each other in terms of understanding which club I was using. It was very disheartening to see that they do not pair well together as I'm golfing in Canada indoors during the off-season.

• This is a great idea.  Looks like it won't happen because this thread is 2 years old. 

• Yea, unfortunately Garmin's not being to proactive here.

I have the Epix 2 Pro watch, the R10 and CT10s. Not sure why they wouldn't have considered integrating their technology together. It's a poor design mistake on their end.