This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Launch monitor distance seems off compared to last season, new balls or firmware update?

We got brand new balls at my local range this season (same model of ball as before) but the G80 seem more off with the carry distances than last season.

The range got fixed signs for 100,  150 and 200 distance, ball visually lands about 10 metres past the 100 marker and the G80 displays a carry distance around 98-102 metres.

Its basiclly one club off to what I remember from last season where a 100 metre shot would be pretty much spot on.

Anyone else noticed if the Launch Monitor seem a bit off this season?

Could it be some update during the winter months that caused this or will the new balls actually fly that much further at the same ball speed?

• Done another range session and im pretty sure the G80 got some kind of problem with the new Titleist NXT Tour in Yellow on our range, not sure why though becuase the previous ball was of the same type and color. Any ideas?

At firsth I thougt it was some kind of interference that disturbs the G80 as it was off by 10-15% today as well when carrying towards the 100 marker (lasered distance).

I then notice some of the older balls in my bucket and start to hit these and the G80 is pretty much spot on.

The new ball carry longer than the old ball but the G80 reports the new ball as shorter than the old ball, pretty odd.