Power button replacement ?

The power button in my g80 has fallen out. How can I obtain a replacement ?

Top Replies

All Replies

• Contact Garmin Support to discuss the issue, and to see what solutions are available. 

• That’s interesting. The response I had was that they would not send me a replacement button but that I could pay UKP £120 for a refurbished unit . I declined. Very poor customer service given the price of the G80 unit

Clearly I had a Garmin agent who had had a bad day. 

Not great !

• Depending on whether device is still in warranty, device age, and the issue....a replacement solution for the issue may be offered for a repair cost...which is priced much lower than what it would cost to replace the entire unit. 

I am not sure the circumstances that led to the button becoming becoming damaged or detached...however, the support solution given....based on your description, was offered at the repair cost amount due to the device being outside of the warranty period...as well as the age of the device. 

Please let me know if I can be of assistance or if you have any questions and I would be happy to address them. 

• It was simply a button that spontaneously fell out rendering the unit unuseable. No rough treatment etc. All I needed was a replacement that I was happy to pay for. I did not need a refurbed unit for which I was asked to pay £120 on top of the £440 I spent on the original unit. The response is inconsistent here with a previous poster's experience where he was simply sent a replacement power button for free.

• Replacement buttons are not provided for the [G80], as the fix requires remanufacture of the unit. Keep in mind that these device have water ratings and the fix is not as simple as reinserting a button onto the unit. 

For units requiring hardware replacement in your region, a remanufactured unit is provided that will look brand new and is in proper working condition as a new device would be. 

Edit:  Device name corrected from the original comment to this thread. 

• It's not a Z82 it's  a G80. It's just the power button. It really was a straightforward request to just send me a button - which I'd happily pay for and re-insert myself. Great customer service would have simply sent me the button with must cost pennies rather than ask me to pay £120 for a unit I;d already spent £440 for. 

Happily, 7 months since the button fell out, my wife fount it outside our front door, I simply popped it back in and the unit works perfectly, So my question is why we couldn't send me a button as requested. No service or re-engineering or drama required !

Thanks 

• My apologies, as I mistyped the product name. The same in my comment above applies for the buttons on the Approach G80 as the Z82.

Depending on your region, hardware repair (like buttons, cosmetic damage to the casing, display screens, etc.) require a repair exchange of the device for a remanufactured unit. 

I have corrected my previous comment to reflect the Approach G80, and again I am sorry about the typo I made above.