This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

G80 Backyard Net

Just got a G80, my swing speed is reading much lower than my recent lessons on a Flightscope X3. 

I’ve tried all the different setup techniques and troubleshooting. Nothing seems to change it.

I’d love to hear from other users about how they’ve solved this problem. Specifically people who are using a backyard net and were getting really low swing speed readings, how did you fix it?

• We would suggest updating the software on the device. We've released an update recently to address lower than expected swing speeds, due to an unintended max cap. You can follow the steps in the support article linked below for updating.

Update Golf Courses and Device Software on an Approach

If you continue to have issues, please hover over my name and send me a private message.

• Same problem - have never been able to resolve. I am always low on speed and distance compared to real life. Tried all Garmin suggestions - none have worked. Disappointing to say the least. Update  the software to what?

• Double checked I am on the latest software

• Are you using the same balls and is the device on the same plane as the ball with the home net setup? You can also try adjusting the roll factor.

-Setting the Roll Factor

• Hi Rob,

The balls are different as the range I use is mixed balls. However I wouldn't say thats affecting it because when I'm at the range, no matter which ball I'm hitting the readings are consistent, then at home no matter what ball I'm using, the reading are consistent just lower in speed than the range. 

I've tried messing with roll factor, but I'm really not interested in that feature. Essentially I want to figure out why the club head and ball speed drops so significantly between the two scenarios. 

What exactly does "on the same plane as the ball" mean? Does that just mean flat and on the same surface as the ball?

By the way, does the G80 record any ball flight into the net? Im assuming it doesn't since the device is facing towards the player (unlike launch monitors that sit behind the player), so what I'm getting at is, does distance from ball to net matter for the G80?

Thanks

• Hello, 

I have the same issue.   I’m using the latest firmware as well.
    I have found the only way to get any “reasonable” yardage using a net is from at least 15 feet away. 
    garmin can you provide a fix for this?

thanks,

jay

• Yesterday at club pro lesson.

Flight scope with the garmin sitting adjacent to it. 

Garmin club head speed consistently low by 10-15 miles per hour.  ALL the other numbers were similar (except smash factor, but since one of the ratios is club head speed then that makes sense)

Boggles my mind that it i will miss read club head speed but still output accurate ball speed, carry and roll.

Otherwise very pleased so far.