G80 successor

I'm keen to buy the G80, but do feel it lacks significant features from reading these forums & online reviews.

To my question, is a Garmin rep on here able to announce if there will be a new model to be released soon, succeeding the G80, featuring both a launch monitor & on course GPS?

• I think the G80 is only truly good at 2 features, 1 being the GPS and 2 being a pocket launch monitor.

I guess at the current amazon asking price of $400, I would say yes, but when I bought it at MSRP for $500, I wished it did some things better.

All I can really ask of Garmin is to fix the scorecard saving issue. I know how far I hit with my clubs, so having a virtual caddie wouldn't be that helpful for me, but if they can integrate the CT10 sensors to work with the G80 (which I don't think they will do because of hardware/software limitations).

If anything, I think garmin should maybe focus on their golf mobile app features. There's less hardware limitations and I wished they had the ability to add more people to the scorecard like golfpad does. Also if there was a feature where you owned a garmin golf GPS product, that can upload the GPS data to your phone real time from the unit, then I think there would be more reason to further develop the mobile app. This is me talking as someone who has a background in comp sci. But knowing the issues with having a corporate structure, I doubt anyone who golfs at the exec level at the Garmin company actually uses the G80 (otherwise, some heads would've rolled when their scores were lost).

But anyways, the answer you're going to get is "we have not announced a new product in our lineup in regards to a launch monitor and GPS, please check (website) for future news and updates"