setting driver distances & the importance?

Hi, what is the importance of setting the driver distance, is this to calibrate for the user?.

when setting the driver distance is it your average carry distance or average total distance? (carry + roll).

finally if playing 2 person virtual golf with my son i guess the distances are going to be wrong as i hit my driver further then my son?.

Look forward to hearing from someone.

• Good question on the driver distance. The most information found simply says, "Sets the average distance the ball travels on your drive. This distance appears as an arc on the hole view screen when you are on the tee box." The feature may be useful viewing a new hole to avoid hazards and give you an idea of your range and where to expect your follow up shot to be from.

When you are setting the driver distance on setup, it is the total average distance after you have walked to the ball.

You won't experience any issues with virtual golf since the launch monitor radar is what is determining your distance but if he is using your G80 too during a virtual golf session, he will be getting the same ball roll that you have set to help make your shots more accurate.

• Hi Chris thanks for your reply and for confirming details on the driver distance setting.

• Yes, the the driver distance setting is only used when in GPS mode.

It does not affect any values on the launch monitor, or virtual round.