Changing Hole Index in G80

Has any changes been made so that you can change the hole index manually when the G80 is incorrect?

• In this Support Center article, it breaks it down by Golf device - Manually Entering Handicap on a Golf Compatible Product

Enabling Handicap Scoring

1. Touch 
    2. Select Settings
    3. Select Scoring
    4. Select Scoring Handicap
    5. Select On

With the handicap turned on, the handicap by player can now be set:

1. Touch   during a round
    2. Select Scorecard
    3. Select   for the player to edit
    4. Set the handicap by selecting Local Handicap or Index/Slope Method
  • I'm assuming that no action has been taken by Garmin to allow the user of the G80, to correct the discrepancies between the hole index set by Garmin within the G80 and the actually correct hole index that is set by the club on the clubs score card?

• Chris, you are confused between "Players Handicap" and "Hole index" (i have no issues with entering Players local handicap for the course). The issue is that the clubs score card shows a different hole index, than that of the Hole Index set by Garmin within in the G80 when you download the course. Therefore G80 cant calculate the correct stableford/etc points per hole.

• Chris, thanks but you are confused between "Players Handicap" and "Hole index" (i have no issues with entering Players local handicap for the course). The issue is that the clubs score card shows a different hole index, than that of the Hole Index set by Garmin within in the G80 when you download the course. Therefore G80 cant calculate the correct stableford/etc points per hole.