This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Are There Plans to Add Detailed Stats Tracking

HI Support, I just purchased the G80 and love it.

But I was very sad to see that the stats from target practice and warm-up, or even swing tempo are not tracked and synced to my phone.

Also, I cannot select my club and track the distance for it.

Will you be adding this or will I have to send my device back?

I see these as core functionality.

Please help.

Barry

• Sincere apologies, the posts in this thread were removed by mistake. To answer your question, currently we don't have plans to add the ability for the G80 to save and sync detailed stats for target practice and warmups with the Garmin Golf App or select a club during target practice. However, I would be happy to submit a feature request and I have sent you a PM to get some for info for this. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to Garmin-Andrew

For what it's worth, i think this would be a huge improvement.  I'm using the device to help hone in my distances and have to track everything in a separate excel spreadsheet.  It would be awesome if I could just sync the device with my phone to record all shots in the "warmup" mode.  It would be nice if the app had functionality to calculate averages for carry distance, smash factor, etc. for each club.  And to have the ability to remove certain data points if there was an incorrect read or, in my case, a badly struck shot.

• Former Member

Thank you for your feedback. It is a great idea that was suggested. I would love to see the feature added myself. We submitted a request a month ago with the original request, to our Approach G80 engineers for consideration.

I have sent you a Private Message so we can add you as an impact to the main request.

• I also think that would be very helpful - especially with the golf clubs locked down at the moment.

I´d also like to see the zoom options and touch targetiing from the normal play in the virtual rounds. This could also be used as an "aiming" feature for virtual rounds.

Thanks,

Jan

• Is there a way I can be added to this too please, my G80 came today and I am yet to finish work and give it a test but looking over all the features and I think this will be a majorly missed function you can get elsewhere in other devices. Would love to see it here and I don't even think there would be an argument around the most superior portable golf device!... the G80

• +1 like to add my support. Just tested my G80 for the first time and loved the info but wrongly assumed I would be able to look back at my data once my range session had ended. I will have to pay more attention after each shot and write down my averages 

• Hi All, I send mine back immediately because we all know nothing is going to happen.  I swore never to buy Garmin again. But a friend had the S40 golf watch and I thought wow that is great.  I did some research and bought an S62.  OMG it is the best smartwatch ever, and amazing for golf.  Everything you want is on it. Distance automatic, club tracking, stats you would not believe.  I am really happy and now a big Garmin fan.  I have owned a Samsung Smartwatch, Applewatch, a Fitbit Ionic, but the S62 Approach is best of them all by far. 

• For anyone that would like to see detailed stat tracking for shots to be added to the Approach G80, please highlight my name with your mouse cursor and send me a Private Message. Thank you!

• Can we get any kind of update?
    Considering?

In process of upgrading?

Anything?