S10 Approach can no longer be powered off

After taking the latest update, I can no longer power the S10 off.

Pushing the i button for a second brings up the Power Off option on the screen and I can scroll down/up for Yes or No but pushing the OK button does nothing and the S10 stays on. The OK button does however work for any other function. Hoping that someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

• Perform a soft reset on the watch by pressing and holding the power button on the upper left side of the watch, keeping it held until the display suddenly goes blank  (takes about 10 -15 seconds) > Then release the button, and briefly hold the same button again until the Garmin logo appears on the screen > Allow your watch to reboot and then normal operation should resume on the watch. 

If you continue to have the concern after the steps above, then the steps outlined on the support page below should be followed to troubleshoot the button hardware: 

Garmin Support should be contacted if you still are having concerns to discuss further solutions for the concern. 

• Hi Cody, I did the soft reset as directed however the same situation exists, pushing the OK button will still not turn off the S10. As previously mentioned the OK button does indeed work when using other watch functions, just not to power down the watch, thus the suggestions in the link that you provided to place the watch in water to loosen up the buttons is not really applicable in this case. Is there anything else that can be done? Thanks.  

• A new map update just became available and after installing it, the OK button is now working again to shut down the S10.

• The OK button is not the power button. 

The UP button on the upper left side of the watch is the power button. 

• On the version of the S10 Approach that I have, pressing/holding the Upper left side button (i) brings up the "Power Off?" menu and pressing the same button scrolls through the "Yes" or "No" options, however to shut off the watch, the OK button must then be pressed. 

• A soft reset requires only keeping the UP button held on the watch > Press and hold and then keep held until you see the display turn blank (takes 10-15 seconds of holding) > Then release the UP button once the display goes blank > Then please power the watch back on holding the UP button briefly until the Garmin logo appears on the screen. 

The OK button is simply the Select/Menu button on the Approach S10 > Since you are having issues powering the watch off...a soft reset should be performed. 

It is likely that the OK button button began to work after updating because you connected the watch to a computer, and the watch went into mass storage mode...clearing up the possible "frozen" nature of the OK button function not working when disconnecting because the watch then rebooted after installing the updates. 

Glad it is working now for you