System / Software Problems with Vivosmart 4

Former Member
Former Member
I had purchased a Vivosmart 4 and am facing the following problems, developer / tech team pls help
1.  Inaccurate Speed & Pace During Walk: During usage of the Vivosmart 4, I discovered that the Garmin connect was displaying speed and pace incorrectly. Further during evaluation of this problem, I could identify that this problem occurred only when I use the connected GPS and walk at low speeds. If I do not use the connected GPS or I walk fast with GPS, the data is displayed correctly. This problem was not there with previous version of Garmin Connect and started after update to latest version. 
2.  Incorrect Identification of Exercise in 'Other Workout Mode' : Whenever I select 'other workout mode' and do an interval mix workout, the Garmin Connect displays the workout and stats similar to that of walk. This problem was noticed after 30 Jun. On 30 Jun also the device could identify the type of workout with 'Other Workout' selected. I.e. for spot run, the device identified it as virtual run and for weights, it identified it as Strength Training. 

3.  Inaccuracy in Heart Rate During Workout :  

During workout, especially during intensity cardio, the device displays a lower value of Heart Rate than actual. When evaluated with a pulse ox meter, it was seen that Vivosmart 4 reading was less by 10-20 at higher heart rates. This could be dangerous if I depend on the Vivosmart 4 for warning me if I touch very high heart rates. 

4. Move Alert Warnings: The move alert warnings come up even after 5-10 mins of activities. Please clarify.
Request resolve/help.