Calories Burned

Hey,

So I am use to fitbit where it would show me my TOTAL calorie burn and my calories consumed and would tell me what I had left(if any). 

I am not use to garmin where it’s only showing me active calories burn and then I’m logging food in myfitnesspal off a calorie count that I don’t actually burn base.

What I mean is my base is about 1200 and then of course on average I know I burn about 1600-1800 on a good day of being active(moving in general) and then on top of that any exercise I do gets calculated and I might hit 1900-2100 calorie burn total for the day. Right fitbit showed me that.

based on my info and goals myfitnesspal has me at 1510 cal total for the day then garmin adds in my “active” calories and all of a sudden I can have close to 2000 calories a day That apparently I can consume, which I already know to be false, I’ll gain weight that way.

How do you all do it? I’m honestly finding the switch to be harder than I thought. I was so use to a certain way and I lost close to 35lbs by simply doing a cal deficit of 500 a day BASED on what I BURNED total, I don’t have that now. What do I do?

• Can't you just adjust your calorie goal accordingly on MyFitnessPal? So instead of the 1510 just 1200. Then it should fit again.
    Experience has shown that Fitbit calculates the calories very optimistically, while Garmin is rather economical.

• You are right, fitbit would at first over calculate my burn for sure at least on the beginning. And technically I could calculate it but then why have a smartwatch ya know? With that said I found it on the calendar where it would add up my base plus active to give me total. Weirdly garmin is calculating my base about 100 points higher but I can work with that! 

I am just so use to one way this switch has been like so hard! Here I am thinking it’s all the same and it isn’t. However I am really liking the watch and the features it provides so still worth it just a hard adjustment is all.