Export maps to BaseCamp

I purchased TopoActive Africa V6 and downloaded it onto GPSMap 276cx. However I can not manage to load it onto basecamp

• hello, you have to copy the card to a memory stick or an SD card and read it into Basecamp. This takes a little longer when you first read in. The card would also have to be read in if the device with the card is connected to the PC

• I Downloaded onto an SD card,works well on GPS.Also works well on PC while GPS is plugged in. After unplugging 

GPS I  inserted SD Card in PC and tried copying it to BaseCamp but to no avail.

• you have to copy the whole "Garmin" folder to another medium (not the internal HDD of the PC). With this the card can be read in on the PC in Basecamp.

• ZJFLO, thanks for trying to help. I have also tried the above. It will not allow me to copy files to BaseCamp. I think I will just make peace with the fact that I have to plug the GPS into the PC everytime before I can work on the TopoActive Africa V6 maps.

• Hi, again, you copy the folder "Garmin" from the original SD to a USB stick or to another SD. You connect this medium to a PC. Now you start BC. After a short time, the card is read from the external data carrier. If that doesn't work, then something is wrong with your PC. You cannot "copy" the card to BC, as you say, but can only have it read into BC from an externally connected data carrier. This data medium must always be available if you want to work with the card in BC. By the way, the copy of the original will not work in a navigation system.

• Thank you so much for your patience. I did as you said and copied it to a usb flashdrive which I will now keep permanently in one of the usb ports. Working perfectly. Thank you for your time.

PS. Any idea why my newly purchased gpsmap 276cx starts up so slow, it takes a couple of minutes to start up. All updates have been done. 

• gladly, I'm glad that I could help. I can make little contribution to the starting behavior of the device. I do not know the device. Maybe it's because the satellites are not found. Tip: Place it on the window some time before starting