This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Golf not recording shots in close correctly

I’ve got an annoying problem with manually adding shots. I use ‘measure shot’ then ‘add shot’ when the hit doesn’t prompt me for the club type on my 6X.

I’m a Fenix 6X user but not sure if this is Fenix 6 issue or Golf app ‘interpretation’ of the selection of putter.

Problem is that when close to, but off the green, if I manually add a shot (via 6X) and select Putter as the club used, when the game is saved those manually added putts don’t show up in the Golf app as shots. Note due to a nice flat fairway approach on my course I often use the putter as far out as 40 metres.

yesterday, I played and to check if there was an issue I used ‘sand wedge’ when manually adding a shot when I used a putter. All these putts recorded as sand wedge showed in the Golf App. On the final hole, I used a putter from about 20 metres off screen and manually added club as ‘putter’ but it didn’t show as a shot. 

All other shots record the club I identify when I hit a shot so it’s just the putter when manually added. I hadn’t noticed this issue until recently. 

• The AutoShot feature on all golf compatible devices...including the fenix 6 series, is designed to only detect full swing shots. The  AutoShot feature is not designed to pick up putts and chip shots automatically. 

Approach CT-10 club tracking sensors are required to track putts and chip shots, along with automatically tracking club types used for each shot, with automated scoring. 

• Garmin-Cody did you read what I said the issue was. 
    I have no issues about the how the auto shot works. 

The problem is with Add Shot when I choose Putter as club. I use the putter from anywhere up to 50 metres from green. 

I will monitor.

• This goes the same with manually measuring...a shot be taken and detected by the watch when the shot measurement feature is being used. Selecting a putter as the club used will not record the distance like full swing shots are recorded. 

The putts entered are recorded through the "Stat Tracking" feature which is a manually entry of putts after the score is entered. This screen prompts fairway position, penalties, and putts. 

Putts will only show in quantity and not as a shot taken. 

• Wrong.
    I add shots manually every round if they don’t register on my Fenix 6X as I play. No issues there and I add as I go. The issue is how those added Putter shots display in the IOS Golf app.

if I hit, for example, a Gap Wedge from 80 metres out, and Manually add that shot because it didn’t register on my 6X, it they appear in Golf app after saving. Same goes off the tee with a driver.

My 6X records most shots and I’m happy to add shots when needed. It’s just annoying when I use a putter from 50 metres out from green then it seems to think I’m on the green.

• You can manually add shots throughout the round...that is not being disputed here. 

The putter as a club type is not a club option that can be measured in the same manner. 

The scorecard displays putts on the shot map on the green by design. Putts cannot be tracked based on shot location. They are simply tracked in quantity throughout the round. 

• Ok. We’re in agreement that I can manually add shots. 
    I’m not talking about tracking putts like for example Drive shots.

What I described is hitting a shot tgat doesn’t register on 6X. Then I add shot and select club type as putter (or any other club. If I select putter, I’m not counting it as a putt - just a shot. from 10 metres it’s just an approach shot.

it may be more related to the 6X than the app. I observed that when I’m close to green 6X changes screen from the course view to the Scorecard so it must assume I’m on green. Depending on shape of green this can be up to 5 metres from edge. So when I use a putter in that scenario, it’s not a putt just approach shot.

I’ll just stick with selecting club I don’t have in my bag in those scenarios and change on the app