This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there a better place to post questions on the Garmin Approach S70 golf app?

Hi all, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I am trying to understand if there is a better way to manually track shots on the Garmin Approach S70 watch. I've tried in the iOS gold app but there does not seem to be a way.

Currently, it takes 5-7 steps via the watch if it does not detect your latest shot. While the watch works fairly well for driver and long iron shots, when you get within 50 yards and are taking half swings or less, the watch does not detect the swing at all. The steps (outlined in the attached photo) are just way too cumbersome to do on the watch. 

IMHO, it would be insanely easy to add two "buttons" to the screen, or maybe even make it a swipe gesture to tell it "I JUST MADE ANOTHER SHOT", then it should ask which club. Putting should work the same way. Make a putt, swipe, it knows you're on the green and auto-selects the putter and you can either confirm with selecting OK, or scroll to select another club.

How can we get a dialogue going with Garmin on this?

• Thats the only option - for now at least without purchasing some club sensors. I purchased some sensors for use on my short irons and putter for the very reason you stated. Thats not to say it’s 100% - but the amount of shots it misses is 1 or 2 over a few rounds. In those cases I carry a scorecard with me and just note when it happens and correct it later in the app. My thought is that over the long run these occasional missed shots will have negligible effect on the stats.

• If you are having concerns with the S70 detecting your shots, there are a couple factors and settings on the watch that should be considered: 

• From the time screen on your watch, tap the middle button on the side > Select the Gear icon > Tap User Profile > Make sure the "Wrist" section is set properly for the wrist you are wearing the watch on during rounds of golf. (The wrist setting results in the watch detecting the correct angle of movement for recording shots). 
    • During your rounds, make sure that you are wearing the watch on your lead wrist. So using right-handed clubs, the watch should be worn on the left wrist, and wrist setting should be "left". If using left handed clubs, the watch should be worn on the right wrist, with the wrist setting set to "right". 
    • Make sure the watch is not fastened to high up the wrist, so that it is set just above your golf glove. 
    • The S70 support site offers an article that goes in-depth on troubleshooting the watch not detecting shots automatically. Link to page if needed here for reference: My Garmin Golf Watch Is Not Detecting Shots Automatically