This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Approach R10 sim session data to my bag.

Sim session data not being transferred over my bag. 

• I agree, the sim sessions should be available to view/edit on Garmin Connect online. Where you can access your swing data etc.. generate all sorts of stats and analysis.... 

It's real sham this isnt an option ... Yet?

• This is over 2 years old now… and I feel that it is completely bizarre that this feature still isn’t implemented. The same programming that is used to pull on-course data can be used to pull simulator driving range data. There could be a secondary “my-bag” section, or even just an aggregate simulator data section. Everyone with an R10 is asking for this, Garmin. I don’t understand why this isn’t a high priority for your team. You programmed a launch monitor… you can program a data compiler.

For the time being, and as a work-around, I use the “export” function on my sim sessions to send the data to Excel, then use my own formulas to calculate distances, spin rate, offline, etc, excluding outliers. If anyone is interested, I’d be happy to share the blank spreadsheet, then you can import your own data to see your cumulative data.

Also, for the record, it took me (a novice programmer) about two hours in Excel to make this work. The suggestion that the Garmin team is incapable of achieving this inside the app is laughable.

• Our development team determined there isn't an easy way to include practice data in total club distance/average data. Similar to why we don't include sim data in other performance stats; it wouldn't be an accurate representation of performance.

We will continue to monitor feedback from our users regarding this option. At this time we have no updates regarding the feature being offered, and we will provide any additional information regarding sim session data being offered as it becomes available. 

• If they record the practice data separately and call it something else, then it's simple to take an average, just like they do now with individual sessions. It doesn't need to be included with the other performance stats. Call it practice sessions and in those calculations only use the practice sessions for the average.

• I’d be interested, I just bought the R10 and put the CT10 on my clubs for this specific function.  As I practice on the driving range, it should compile at least an average distance.  I was hoping it would do this so I could select the correct club, based on past practice while in the course(s).

• The CT-10 sensors only assist in detecting shots, automating scoring, and offering further club metrics. The CT-10 sensors simply pair to the watch to help a compatible Garmin GPS device. The watch or handheld device recording your actual changes in location on the course map in-between shots, is how shot distance is recorded. The

CT-10 sensors have no way of tracking radar simulated distance, and in no way compatible, nor advertised as compatible. The CT-10 sensors were developed years before the Approach R10 was ever released, and are completely designed for use with Garmin Golf devices that use GPS during actual rounds of golf at a course.

The R10 is radar simulated distance, and the CT-10 are designed around using actual shot distance using GPS while the user is physically hitting a ball through a round using golf course maps as the user progresses shot for shot throughout the round. 

• Did you handle outliers programmatically? I’m headed down the same path so it would be interesting to see how sophisticated you got…

• I’m sure there’s an easier way, but in my Google sheet I use the STDEV function and IF function to exclude data points outside of 2 standard deviations from the data set.

The remaining points give me a good range and averages.

• A man after my heart, on all counts. Brilliant, actually. I'm not sure I would have thought of that. While I did computer measurement and capacity planning for a couple of years my actual knowledge of statistics is limited so I'm not so sure there is an easier way to handle them (outliers). Thanks for responding so quickly! And, yes, Google Sheets is the way to go...

• One other question: did you group data points by club? If so, do you then insert another session within that grouping? What I'd ultimately like is grouping by date (and summary/total line) within club to be able to do some trending...