This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Planned updates?

Any feature/functionality plans for the Garmin Golf app or Garmin Connect, like improving dashboarding?

Garmin collects a bunch of data throughout a round, but very little is actually put to use. Love my Fenix 5 Plus, but there are a BUNCH of other golf apps, like Skycaddie/ SkyGolf, that offer a better user experience. 

• Both APPS get updated. The Garmin Connect Mobile APP gets updated much more often compared to the Golf APP but the Golf APP will continue to be improved too. I agree with your statement. The Golf APP has room for improvement to take proper advantage of the data being recorded on your golf watch or Fenix series watch.

• Thanks, Chris. Appreciate the response. Any specifics you can share RE plans for new golf features/functionality via the golf app or garmin connect (was referring to the site, not mobile app)?

• I would love to be able to share information but I am sorry there is no information that can be shared.

• Any updates coming soon? Just checked the apple app store and looks like its been at least 3 months since an update has been pushed out  for the golf app...would be good to know whether or not Garmin is planning to invest in developing enhanced features/functionality so that i can make an informed decision about buying c10 sensors, or punt on garmin altogether & go with something like Arccos. 

• The Golf APPS for both iOS and Android get updated multiple times each year. There are not specific times each year that they are updated.

• Understood, but looks like prior to about 6 months ago, you all were shipping updates monthly, if not more often...1 update in the past 6 months gives me the feeling that Garmin isnt investing in a long term vision for Garmin Golf (aside from the ridiculously priced marq that has more tech in the watch itself than the app...)

if thats the case then either tell consumers up front that its not going to get much better, or partner with another business (ie - Strava for running) so that your devices still have value. Probably not all that hard to build an api that integrates with other businesses. Its just data.

• I love using my garmin watches. Latest is my Venu. But want to upgrade to the S62 for the better golf features. However, I’ve been seriously debating about using an Apple Watch because all the golf apps you can use with them that seem to be quite a bit better than the garmin golf app. I think I prefer garmin but I don’t know how serious garmin is about improving their golf app or designing their golf watches to use third party golf apps. Can you tell me?

• Agree, S62 is a great watch and have used it for a couple of years, software is rubbish though so I tend to use another.