This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Handicap in app

I’ve looked everywhere on the app, the garmin connect website and on my watch, but I dont see my handicap (I keep it thru another app but would like it in the garmin app). I see all my other stats and spray charts and scorecards, but no handicap. Is it there somewhere?

Thanks for any help.
  • I played golf on Friday (3rd Aug) collecting stats on my F5 as normal. After the game I updated my shots with clubs used (the F5 does not record club used as you go along). When I checked performance stats I saw it now has a handicap recorded. However, the handicap shown was 22 against my actual handicap of 20. I have never entered my handicap into any of the Garmin apps as I’ve never been able to find how. I can only assume the Garmin Golf app is calculating a handicap based on the scores it has recorded.
  • Hmm. This seems somehow related to the fact that you can't register Stableford rounds, only stroke play. So the app will never use your handicap to calculate results. Other apps, like Hole19 downloads slope tables for all courses so you can use that and the hcp to calculate points. Garmin does neither of this as it seems.