This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

can't record penalty strokes on Venu 2

Stat Tracking

When you enable statistics tracking on the device, you can track how many putts per hole, fairways in regulation, penalties per hole, and greens you hit in regulation. You can compare rounds and track improvements using the Garmin Golf app.

The online help for the Venu 2 is shown above.   It states that the Venu 2 is compatible with stat tracking and the text above indicates you can track Penalties per hole.   However, penalties are not shown on the scorecard and are not able to be entered anywhere that I have seen, either on the watch, golf app, or website.

• [Removed] 

Removed due to original response being incorrect regarding penalties to avoid any confusion in the thread. 

• Stat tracking works but it does not prompt for penalties and I see no way to add them after the round in the Garmin golf app.

• Penalties are prompted if the watch has detected if  two shots are detected in the same general area of a couple yards of one another. 

Also the amount of strokes must be +1 or higher more than the par for the hole you are currently on. 

• That doesn't make sense.   If I hit one in the water, the next shot will be from a point before the water, nowhere near the previous shot that went in the water.   And it is possible to get a penalty stroke and still make par!

• and in any case it should be possible to add them when you add a shot in the app or website after the round.

• Two shots detected in the same location are not required in order for penalties to be prompted, but simply one of the ways the watch will prompt penalties. This will occur when Approach CT-10 sensors are being used, along with the watch for automatic shot detection. 

Penalties will appear to confirm if the second swing was an actual second shot, or if a practice swing was taken before actually hitting the shot...Since sensors provide automated scoring. 

• I have NEVER seen my watch prompt for penalties....I suspect this feature isn't available on the Venu 2.

• My Apologies, I have a correction to make with my original response: 

Some devices will support penalties automatically without needing to have the user confirm if there was a penalty after the score was input. 

As per the spec sheet for the Venu 2 on Garmin.com, the sheet advertises the Stat Tracking feature on the Venu 2 as supporting (Strokes, Putts Per Round, Greens and Fairways Hit). Penalties are not included as a feature, same for the performance stats offered in the support site for the Venu 2. 

Below is a link to the spec sheet where the "Golfing Features" section can be referenced if needed: 

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/707538/pn/010-02430-00#specs

My apologies on any confusion my original statements may have caused. 

• It's fine if the watch doesn't track them but you should certainly be able to add them manually, either on the app or on the web.

• The spec sheet also says that the Venu 2 calculates yardage to layups/doglegs but it doesn't provide yardage to doglegs as advertised.