Performance Stats - Drive Distance rank

On the bar chart, my Drive performance shows well above average for my handicap.  But in the Ranking section, it shows I'm only 19th percentile for drive distance.  How is this possible?

My guess is that Drive Distance is factoring in all drives, not just with the driver.  If so, that's a meaningless stat, since on many holes not everyone hits a driver, short par 4 for example.  

• You are correct it is factoring all drives. Thank you for your feedback. I will be happy to pass along your thoughts to our Golf APP team.

• This still doesn’t really make sense. Why don’t you guys (garmin) release annually proper stats? Every year arcos releases data - low handicap ‘big hitters’ average 249 off driver. My average is currently 309 and yet I’m in the bottom 30% in performance stats for driving distance lol? I can hit my 4 iron up to 255 including roll-out and i probably hit my 6 iron further then most average mid handicappers can drive the ball. The lack of explanation of these stats is beyond idiotic and as others mentioned garmin is being outperformed because of essentially a lack of effort by the support and development teams behind this app and product. There’s definitely good stuff, just the performance stats are not very useful or helpful as it currently is.

• Not sure if this is still an active thread, but if it is, can Garmin update the Drive Performance to allow players to select which clubs to include?

• If you havent realised yet, Garmin have zero interest in providing a competitive, well rounded golf stats app to back up their market leading hardware.  I have had an S60 for a number of years, along with the overpriced CT10 sensors, its all gettinga little tired now and my gadget loving brain wants to buy the S70... but as golf is my number 1 reason, i just cannot bring myself to part with the money to then be so underwhelmed and disappointed with the stats offered by the app.

Shotscope and Arccos and so far ahead in this regard, that im genuinely considering moving to the shotscope X5 they just launched.  Its not the all rounder i want from a watch, but the stats are a million fold better than the half arsed, outdated, non-sensical data offering from Garmin.  They are told this daily on here, but have done absolutely nothing about it.

Shotcope allow you to record exactly where the hole is, it tracks accurately where you putt from, its gives true strokes gained information in a format that actually means something.  Save yourself the time, they wont implement any of the suggestions you make.

Edit - just realised this thread is over 3 years old... guess what, i was right, nothing has changed in that time!

• You are absolutely right. Hardware is great, software is crap. And it’s barely been updated in years.