This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Golf is still running to maintain a constant connection with your Garmin device

How do I get this to stop? I have an Android Pixel 3 and this notification is constantly present. I have removed and re-installed the Garmin golf app and that did not fix the issue. Is there a permission I can set somewhere to make this stop? I am not even playing golf. I would like this to work while playing golf but not when I am sitting at my desk at work. How can I fix this?

• I completely agree.

• What's more is that if you kill the app it just keep restarting...

Hey Garmin, how much is my constant location data worth to you? You can give me 80% of your profit off my data and i can charge you monthly fee for using my storage and tracking me when i am not using the app... 

• Hey, sorry to be simple, but I can't find this solution, can you post screenshot or the pathway to find it, I have looked but didn't find a double? 

• This is not a solution. 

It only makes the message disappear. The proces keeps running in the background (serving no purpose whatsoever, but with rights to monitor location). And stopping the proces does not help either since it automatically restarts. 

Garmin please develop a fix asap. This is a showstopper!

• You of course are exactly correct this is a b******* solution. Actually 0 solution Garmin when will you take care of this?

• On Android you must display that message to get location in the background. It's baked into the OS as of 5ish years ago. 

• That's not true. I have a few apps running in the background permanently with zero permanent notification on screen. 

I also have lots of apps that wake up, take a location when needed and close without ever showing a notification on screen. 

• Update as of June 9th, 2023: 

Yesterday version 2.13.1 released for the Garmin Golf app Android. Search "Garmin Golf" in the Google Play Store to install the update for the app. 

Verify the App Version in the Settings section of the main menu in the Garmin Golf app is showing version 2.13.1 installed. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we worked to correct the issue that you were experiencing with the Garmin Golf App (GGA)

• Thanks for picking this up, let me know if you need anything

• Thank you Garmin-Cody!!  Your response and acknowledgement is very much appreciated!  I am not sure this is anything "account' related OR in anyway unique to any of us, but rather a program item that just appears in the last few days probably from the update we had to install???  

For the sack of efficiency however my account and situation are yours for the asking and I hope we can troubleshoot this and close the ticket ASAP.

[Deleted]

Edited by moderator: Please do not post personal information on the public threads of the forums. If we need any information account related, @GarminCody will request it via direct message.