This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auto shot data missing on some holes

I use a Forerunner 935 which has auto shot tracking similar to other models. This has variable success in detecting shots, with some holes not detecting any. At the end of the round, when reviewing on Garmin golf app, I can manually add/edit shots on holes where a shot has been detected, but I can not add any shots to holes where a shot has not been detected (yet it still has a score in the scorecard which I entered during the round for those holes). Is it possible in the Garmin golf app to add shot tracking on holes where zero shots were detected with auto shot tracking?

• For holes that have shot tracking, you can edit the shot location in the Golf APP. If shot totals are missing, they can be added on Garmin Connect web online.

• The same thing is happening with my Forerunner 935. When I last had a recorded round in late Feb 2020, I remember the auto-shot detection/tracking working quite well. I maybe had to manually add in one or two shots in 18 holes, and they were not fully swings.

I took some time off from golf, and my next recorded round was in late July 2020. I have played two additional rounds of golf since then. In all three of those rounds, the auto-shot detection has been quite inconsistent. I'd say about 50% of the holes I have to go back in and manually record a TEE SHOT (confusing and a bit absurd). I think there's a been a problem introduced by one of the updates since Feb 2020.

• If an individual hole from a round did not have shot tracking because the watch failed to recognize any hits and we want to still record the location of each shot on a hole, then are we just out of luck?

• You will need to have an initial shot to be able to edit it. - Editing Autoshot Information with Garmin Golf App

• I've seen this a few times also. Any idea what causes it? I'm suspecting it's due to not finishing the scoring of a hole and teeing off on the next but don't know for sure. Just curious.

• The same happened to me today - I have a 935. On one hole (say the 3rd) I didn't finalise my score on the watch until after I'd teed off on the next hole (the 4th) and the hole I didn't finalise (the 3rd), shot tracking is missing. On the 4th, it shows my tee shot coming from a location way off the hole - presumably from the green of the 3rd. It's quite gobsmacking that there is no way to add the missing hole and correct for these issues. Just have to pay greater attention to finalising holes as you leave the green next time.

• Hey Garmin,

I think, YOU will have to add this functionality. I just played some rounds (mostly 9 holes) with the S62 which costs a very lot of money and it happens really often, the shots are added to the wrong hole and therefore the possibility to edit is missing totally for these holes.

it really can't be that hard to implement. 

• It's the holes where, for whatever reason, it doesn't record a shot. Today I drove a par 4 - and because it doesn't pick up putts - it didn't recognise the drive - therefore no data saved for that hole - and no ability to add the data post round. That's a bug in the software - or a deficiency that needs to be corrected.

• Would it not be possible to add functionality to add a hole? I often have 4 or 5 holes missing from a round.

• That exact thing happened to me David-P!  Drove a short par 4 (one putted for EAGLE!), recorded the hits and putts before leaving the hole, synched the round to the app, went to view the round, and the hole does not even appear on the review.  I have a score on the scorecard, I can see the hole on the course information, but on the hole-by-hole review, it just skips from the previous hole to the following hole.  Why can we not add the shot information?  I get the situation where the GPS data does not register, but give us the option to go back later and add shot info!