This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Confused about all the software installations

So I just received my Approach S60 and paired it with my Samsung S8. The main purpose is to a) get yardage distances and b) track shots and statistics. Given this, I would like to know which software I need to install. I'd like to use either my home laptop or phone to view the stats.

1) Connect: Is this used to sync the watch and phone? Is this how watch software & courses are updated? Is this used to upload round stats?

2) Golf App: Why is this required on my phone? I deleted it and when I tried to use Connect afterwards it told me to re-install it.

3) Garmin Express: Is this used to connect the watch to a computer if I don't have a phone paired?

Thanks

• 1) yes

2) the garmi golf app is a good addition and necessary for looking at stats

3) this is not necessary if you just use the Connect app.

Basically the connect app controls the watch and Garmin cloud system, the golf app allows you to set up all things golf, and this app talks to the connect app. SO if you want to add a club, or edit shots, look at averages you look at them in the golf app. 

• Thanks for your help. I installed the first two and am all good. Didn't install Express and just log in on their website to view my stats.