This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Permanent "Garmin Golf" notification in Notification Bar

Reinstalled Garmin Golf for my first round this year. Now in the Notification bar, I have a permanent Garmin Golf icon and a notification that says: "Garmin Golf is still running to maintain a constant connection with your Garmin device."

How do I get rid of this?

I am running Android 10 on a Pixel 3aXL with Garmin Golf Version 1.27.2

• - The growing pattern is Vivo-line Fitness products with this issue. When you have an opportunity, please contact our Golf Product Support team for further assistance.

• Getting the same issue. Just received a vivoactive 4 watch yesterday. 

Anyone get direction or a resolution? 

• Hi,
    I have the same issue with a Android phone running Android 10. From what I gather (guess) is that the garmin golf app seems to connect to the Garmin connect app for updates and the Garmin Connect app is always running to provide notifications to your watch (texts, calls, calendar and any other apps you want Garmin Connect to relay to your watch). Even if I turn off all notifications and provide the Garmin Connect app with zero access to anything the Golf app stills runs in the background as described by the initial post in this thread. This all started this year for me so I assume it has something to do with the app updates of either or both of the apps (Garmin Connect and/or Garmin Golf). 

• I just wanted to add for sake of clarity, If I force a shutdown of the Garmin Connect app and the Garmin Golf app as well the Garmin Golf app starts right after I start the Garmin Connect app. They seem to be interlinked somehow.

• I am having the same issue with a Garmin Venu and Android 10. 

• Please try the following:

- Go into your Android smartphone settings for APP Notifications and toggle the Garmin Golf APP notifications to not prompt you further

The icon on the top you are seeing does not only reflect the APP running in your background, it also reflects a notification coming from the APP that was received before it was closed. If you either clear the notification or simply turn off the notifications on your phone, it should resolve it.

• Thank you! This did fix the notification. I hope that the app is not still running in the background. 

• I'm getting the same thing so I guess you can add a customer report! After the app is closed, "Garmin golf us still running to maintain a constant connection with your Garmin device"

I can swipe it left or right, go to Android settings for notifications and turn the "allow notifications off" and "display in status bar", however the real concern/question is why it is still running after being closed down. (this is without even having actually done any golfing....). Even Force Stop did not actually stop it.

• Phone is Huawei P20 Lite (so another Huawei - like the user above with the Mate phone)

• I am sending you a Private Message for this issue. I will need to collect information needed to add to the existing report. Thank you!