This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edit Course Date

Hi everybody.
I just get a vivoactive 3 music and want to use it for golf. So I would like to enter my old scorecard in garmin golf to keep all my history in one app. I could have input one scorecard but can't change the date on the app, neither one the garmin connect web site ... :(.
Do you know if there's a way to do this ?
In the same way, is it possible to track penalty points, bunker shot, water hazard ?
Thanks for your help
Vincent
  • Emphasize! I would like a way to enter old scorecards (so a way to change the date on a scorecard)!!

• You can enter a manual scorecard using the Golf APP on your smartphone but you will not be able to change prior scorecard dates synced to Garmin Connect and seen in the Golf APP and all manual scorecards entered will always show the date you inputted them.

• Garmin. Your users are requesting the rather basic functionality of entering historical rounds with the correct date - important for tracking trends... useless if dates incorrect. 
    There are a myriad of reason why you would need to enter the round details at a later date... if you want your Garmin Golf App to be the App of choice then I would respectfully request that you listen to your customers and review their ‘pain points’ as these are often areas for you to consider for improvement. In this case this seems so basic a need that I would be flabbergasted if dis not take this rather obvious oversight seriously and propose a software revision forthwith....Many thanks for taking the time to listen and take your customers seriously - much appreciated. 

• Agreed. I can't believe I'm seeing this post/thread having just purchased a Garmin golf watch and wanting to achieve the same thing with my old rounds in an old app. Seriously Garmin Connect Mobile Android why is this still an issue? You allow people to create manual rounds so it's nothing to do with authenticity preservation. Why can't we edit previous round dates so that we can have all our data in Garmin Golf? I won't even get started on why there isn't an import option for bulk upload of the same data. This is an incredibly basic request yet 3 years on from this post being created, there still isn't a solution that involves your developers making the date field editable which is about a 5-minute job. Come on – I have been a Garmin faithful all through my running career with multiple Forerunner watches down the years, don't make me regret having gone with you now after being forced to change sports.

• Why has this not been addressed i know that world handicap requires scores to be collected but surley the score card system could ask on what date this was played  since most players could play upto 10 game a week and instead of entering scorecards on the day of play they would much rather enter them in batches at end of week. whay cant this be accomodated. yes the s62 watch and others collates score as played but not all shots are picked up. also found an issure entering scores as say made a par 4 with a driver ,pitch wedge, and 2 putt that would be 4 strokes with 2 putts yet it come up with 6 strokes with 2 putts sometimes and other times get it right, this is especially true if greens and tees are close together.

• Has this issue now been fixed?

I would also like to enter previous rounds since purchasing a Garmin watch and therefore enter date played not date entered.

• No seems not to be fixed. 

It is really a mess! I have the same issue, I wanted to add more than 10 old rounds, which I played before I had the watch and app. But it's not possible to edit the date or anything else like penalty or saves. The only thing what could be changed are shots and putts. 

Why could this not be fixed by Garmin? Your customer pay lots of money for your products and would like to have a simple way to edit all of the data in their scorecards! And this is really not a big deal to fix that. This could be done by an IT trainee!

That's not customer friendly ignoring the requests.