This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there a way to permanently delete old messages / locate points from the map?

Is there a way to permanently delete old messages and locate points from the map? It seems that I can only filter them... if I try to delete them (there is a little trash icon when i select the point or message) i get "An error occurred while processing your request." Or sometimes it will seem to delete, but then reappear when refreshing the view of the map... Is this something that "should work" but just doesn't right now, or am i asking it to do something it can't do?

I have no problem deleting old "tracking" files...

• This sounds like a bug. Try calling tech support.

• UPDATE: the offending messages that wouldn't delete were somehow tied to a specific Track... once I deleted that track, the messages went with it. I also got word back from Garmin Tech Support that the locate points are only filterable, and will not be delete-able. So, while it's weird that the messages were tied into a specific track, i am happy that i could find the root cause. Thankfully I don't use Garmin Explore as my primary GPS tracking archive, and I could just delete the offending track.