This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Activities showing in Explore

Hi, I've got a Marq Expedition and I've just got a 66i.  Now that my 66i is setup on Explore (Web and IOS) suddenly all my activities (mountain bike etc) are showing in Explore.  I'm happy for Hike activities etc to 'sync' between platforms but I don't want all activities I record on my watch appearing in Explore...  Is this something which is controllable?  Are there some rules here, ie certain types which sync and some that don't...  

Thanks in advance!

• You have control, but it’s a little bit complicated. And it’s not based on activity type.

Each device has an active collection. New data generated on the device is added to the active collection during each sync. You can create new collections, change the active collection, etc. at any time. You can also individually change the visibility of each collection on the Explore site.

Similarly, you can sllect which collection(s) will be added to each device. This really applies only to things like waypoints and routes. Activities are never sync-d from the central site to devices.

• Thanks , I think I understand.  The issue has been my training workouts from my Marq watch appearing in Explore.  I have now create a Collection specific to each device and made that collection the default for each device, and in Explore I've made the Marq collection invisible.

My training workouts will still be copied into Explore (they load initially into Garmin Connect which is where I want them), but they will sit in an invisible collection and not disrupt route planning etc.  

It would be nice to be able to configure the activity types on the Marq, and other wearables, that get copied into Explore.  I can half see why MTB activities do; but a treadmill run for instance has no place in Explore, nor would a swim, but everybody is different and it would need to be user configurable.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

• If you are seeing non-GPS activities in Explore - for example, treadmill or eliptical - it might be a bug. I do not see elliptical activities from my F5X+ in Explore. If you see such activities, a tech support call might be in order.

• You were right , in some simple testing the non-GPS activities do not come across, but everything with a GPS log which I’ve tested does come across into Explore.  They aren't visible because of you advice setting up a separate collection; but I'm still not sure this is intended.  Does Garmin really want to get a second copy of all activities (with GPS data anyway) from GC in Explore??

• Can't read their minds, but I believe the answer is yes. I would guess that some of it is about the social aspects - MapShare and the like. Some of it is about route planning.