This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it possible to display waypoints for a route?

Explore shows my imported routes as lines on the map but I can't see information like how many waypoints there are or their position. This would be useful, especially as my Instinct prefers fewer than 500 points on a route.

• I don't know of any way to display statistics other than length. 

If you are zoomed to an appropriate distance, you should be able to see the actual inflection points on the route (which I think is what you  mean by "waypoints") as large blue circles along the route line. These are accurately positioned on the map. Except for very short routes, I've never seen a situation where the blue circles are not visible. (For very short routes, I have seen situations where the circles seem to disappear because I've zoomed way in. I've only seen this with a route I drew, not one I imported.)

That said, if you imported a .gpx file into the web site to create the route, the import automatically reduced it to 200 points if it contained more than 200 points to start with. So your 500 point limit should not be an issue. 

The Explore mobile app (at least on iOS - can't speak to Android) will give you a list of individual points on the route. However, it still does not provide gross statistics other than length. In route editing mode, the mobile app may give you a better visualization of the individual points on the route. It's kind of a matter of taste.