This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Tracks/Routes created in explore will crash basecamp.

Hi guys, I found a pretty annoying bug with Explore. Tracks/Routes created in explore will crash basecamp.

I can create routes and tracks and seem to be able to transfer off line. However if you create a track or Route in explore it is not compatible with Basecamp. I am trying to figure out how to raise a fault. Twice now I have had either track or route created in explore (IOS app and on windows pc web page).
I use Basecamp for saving and planning trips. I can cut and paste sections from several tracks to create a track I want to follow.

So from within Basecamp I receive from device. (GPSMAP 66S) I can then see everything from my device including the tracks created in explore.
If I try to open on of the tracks created in explore it immediately crashes base-camp. The first time it killed it good. I had to restore the whole database. So I back up more often now.
The last time it did it (just now) I did not loose data. But I had to delete the explore tracks.

So Garmin, this make explore useless to me. I can use it off line in an emergency to create a track or route on the fly. But I can do that on the device anyway.
(I will post this to Garmin separately)
  • What kind of files are you importing into BaseCamp?

Can you provide an example of one of the files?

• That's a bit difficult. I create the route using the explore website. Then transfer by syncing to GPSMAP66s. At that point I connect GPSMAP 66s to PC and download to basecamp.
    Not sure how I would attach a file at that point.
  • Hi RosscoP,

This sounds really unpleasant! I am not in customer support, but I work on the Explore app team. I will work with the team to replicate this here, and determine where the problem lies.

Is it true that tracks and routes you create without Explore have no problems?

Sincerely,
    Jessica