This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Off-Grid Navigation requeriments

Hi Guys,

Per Garmin’s description:

”OFF-GRID NAVIGATION

The Garmin Explore ecosystem lets you use your mobile device for outdoor navigation, trip planning, mapping and more — with or without Wi-Fi or cellular service.”

Do I have to be connected to my Fenix in order for this to work?

Second time in a row that I can not make Explore app to show where I was.

I had a collection with extra tracks and waypoints to help me in big screen but …

tks

• You need to have a bluetooth connection between your phone and Fenix.

• But I guess only when off-grid because at hotels or at home GE iOS finds my current location all the time without any BT connection to my watch.

Please, are you aware of any written about this matter on Garmin’s help ou manuals? My search came in zero.

Best regards 

• The app uses your phone's GPS to show where you are on the Map page. So you do not need BT for that functionality.

You need BT to share data (like a recorded track or a waypoint) between the device and the app. If you also use the Explore website, you need to BT the device and the app to synch data from the website to the device.

I found this: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=fujB6lFdKDAemgsQr0Auk5

• So you do not need BT for that functionality.

As I said before 2 times in a row I could not make it to work.

Tks

• Ok, that wasn't clear to me. On the Explore app Map page, in upper right, tap on the red triangle symbol, that is used to show where you are. It should show you as a blue triangle on Map page.

If that doesn't work, go to your phone's Settings and tap Privacy & Security. Then tap Location Services. Location Services should be on, and scroll down where different apps are listed. You should see Explore app, and it should be set to While Using.

If Location Services was already setup correctly and you still have problem, then check another app like Apple Maps to see if the GPS is working within that app. If not, you may have a phone GPS problem.

If the GPS is working fine in another app, and you've done the other things I suggested above, then delete the Explore app, and download again.

• Works at my house/city so I thought could be the lack of grid at the trails I was.

I have to figure the problem out.

tks

• The app is using the phone's GPS receiver, which is receiving signals from satellites. Your problem shouldn't be related to the grid. Maybe your phone was shielded from receiving GPS signals while on the trails, like if you trekked along a bluff.

Good luck!