This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I add a photo to a Waypoint?

I have a 65s, that I have paired with an iphone and am using the Garmin Connect and Explore apps to do live tracks  of trail hikes.  I want to be able to add waypoints along the way (which I am able to do), BUT I also want to be able to associate a photo with that waypoint (with geo-location info) to share with my team for for trail maintenance.  I think I have been ablt to get live track to work, but am unable to find a way to link photos to a particular spot on the trail (doesn't have to be as a waypoint...just associated with the geolocation).  Any assistance appreciated!

• I have a 66i, which has a Photo Viewer app. I can download a photo from my phone to my computer, and from the computer to the 66i. When I click on the device's Photo app, the photo is there.

When I look at my Map page, there is a photo icon at the location where the photo was taken. If I scroll over the icon, the photo appears at the top of the Map page.

I believe the 65s has the same functionality.

If you have an iPhone, you need to ensure that the photo type is JPEG and that under Privacy & Security settings, then Location Services, the Photos setting is set to When Shared, which is not the default.

• Our app does not offer the option to "add photo" when we click the 3 dots.  Specifically which app (and version) are you using (maybe we need to update)?

• I don't have the "add photo" either when using the Explore app. I'm not sure what app the other commenter is referring to.  

I forgot to mention in my previous comment that on the 66i there is a Waypoint Manager app. If I click on a Waypoint within it, and then Menu button, one of the Menu items is to change photo. This replaces the waypoint icon with a photo which I choose from my Photo Viewer on the 66i.

Your 65s may have similar capability.

• Hello You cannot add photos to waypoints using the Explore Mobile app. However, you can using Garmin BaseCamp and the photo viewer on compatible devices. Adding and Geotagging Photos in Basecamp // Adding and Deleting Photos or Screenshots From a Garmin