This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sync a course back to watch strips course_points (Up Ahead) off.

Hi,

AFIK the only way to get course_points (up ahead) WIRELESSLY is creating then using Garmin Connect Web or Mobile but not Garmin Explore. Both are not user-friendly because they don't automatically create course_points from waypoints so I make mines using third party softwares.

Starting using Garmin Explore I have faced a new problem:

Let's supposed you have a complete functional course with course_points in your watch but them you decide to put them in a given collection and delete it from the Main collection and the watch for posterior sync...

Don't do it otherwise when Garmin Explore send the course back to your watch it will stripp all your course_points ....

The solution is to always send courses that have course_points by cable to your watch and never delete them, They will remaing in the main collection and you not be affect for further syncronizations.

I've said dozens of times: I love Garmin devices but their softwares are a complete mess.

• The way Garmin manages course points is pretty bad. So far the best success I’ve had is using RideWithGPS to map my courses and add the course points from there. Then let the sync transfer them to GC Mobile.