No speed reading when tracking.

Using a Fenix 7 connected to Explore on an android (Samsung) phone I don't get a speed reading when the watch is registering an activity.

When not registering an activity the app does give me a speed reading.

Is there a reason that the app cannot give a speed reading when the gps watch is registering an activity?

Also I wonder if the app uses the internal phone gps or the Fenix 7's gps. The track from the Fenix 7 follows the road exactly but not the app. (photo attached)

Thanks

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hello 

So I have tested starting the activity on my watch first, then going to the Explore app. As well as initiating the navigation on the app first (this still required me to start the timer on the watch). Both of these methods are displaying the speed for me. Both of these methods are using the watch GPS navigation. 

If you are using another method than this, I would love to know the details, so I can better help. Please reply to me via Private message so I can continue to assist. 

• That's strange. I tested it again today and I now get a speed reading. 

I did a map and time zone update so not sure if that fixed the problem.  

Fenix 7X SS 16.22

• I tested it again today and I now get a speed reading. 

I am happy to hear this is working for you now. 

• Hi Laurie,

I am have done a bit more activity tracking and can now say that when there is a Bluetooth connection (Bluetooth symbol on the arrow) the speed is not registered/shown on the app, It reads 0km/h at all times.

The speed is shown on the watch at all times.
    The speed is shown on the app when the watch is not connected with Bluetooth.

It is a shame that we can't see the speed on the Explore App when connected by Bluetooth.
    It's nice to see your speed on your phone when cycling and the phone is attached to the handle bars.

I am not sure if you have any advice?

Thanks

Terry