Garmin frustration

I am simply trying to sync routes from my explore web page to my Garmin 66i. I have done this many times in the past numerous times with no real issues or problems, but now I just can't sync/it won't sync. I have added 25 mountain routes (as tracks) to five folders in web explore (you can't sync more than five in each folder apparently), synced this with my iPhone explore app no problem, and connected/paired the phone to my Garmin 66i also with no problems. Now it should be an easy sync but In the last two days I have managed one successful sync. I need to amend the route collections and all I get is the sync failed error..continuously. I know the transfer is slow and clunky but this is simply rubbish. Any ideas anyone?? 

I consider myself a pretty good user but have never liked the route syncing experience with Garmin. I find it slow, not reliable, and ever so frustrating. Personally I am thinking of using my third party widgets for other providers on IQ connect for route transfer for GPS use as it is far far easier.

Top Replies

• Any ideas anyone??

Did you try syncing over the USB cable from Garmin Express? Should be much faster and less problematic than OTA syncing. Another option would be using the Wi-Fi for…

All Replies