How to prevent all activity tracks from syncing as courses?

My goal is to send a gpx course to my Fenix 7X Pro without an internet connection.  I can use Connect to do this if I have an internet connection.  I can use Explore to do it via Bluetooth.

The problem I have is that all the fit activity files on the watch get sync'd to a collection in Explore, and then all the tracks from those activities get re-sync'd back to the watch as courses.  This really clutters up my course list on the watch, not to mention they get useless names of "Track #".

Is there a way to prevent this?  I thought maybe I could set one collection to sync from the watch and then another to sync to the watch, but it seems like whatever the primary collection for the device is must sync both ways.

I wish I just had a simple "Send to Device" like in Connect that worked over Bluetooth instead of requiring an internet connection.

• I ended up deleting everything from Explore and essentially starting fresh and I don't think this is happening anymore.  I believe it was actually syncing a bunch of old tracks from an older watch and/or an inReach Mini device I no longer have.  Not sure what the deal was.