how to reconnect Garmin Explore to paired Etrex SE

I just received an Etrex SE and am experimenting with.  I successfully paired the Etrex SE with my Pixel 6a.  The Garmin Explore app showed that the Pixel 6a was connected to the Etrex SE.  The Etrex SE in Settings > Phone > Status shows Connected.  When I selected Status > OK, the Status immediately changed to Off.  Now Garmin Explore shows that the Etrex SE is "Not Connected".  Back on the Etrex SE, I select Status > OK again.  Status then shows "Waiting for Phone" and then "Open App on Phone".  Garmin Explore, still open, still says "Not Connected". How do I get it reconnect to the paired Etrex SE, without having to "forget" and re-pair with the Etrex SE?  I saw nothing I could do in the Explore app to get it to reconnect.  I tried shutting down and restarting Garmin Explore, that did not get it to reconnect.  From the Etrex SE I forgot and repaired with the Pixel 6a, then I was connected, but that's a pain.  Then I ran the Garmin Connect app.  Garmin Connect connected with the Etrex SE, and when I went back to Garmin Explore, it had also reconnected with the paired Etrex SE.  (Curiously, on the Etrex SE, Settings > Phone > Status still shows "Open App on Phone", not "Connected".)  So do I have to use Garmin Connect to get Garmin Explore reconnected with the paired Etrex SE?

• Hello when you selected status and hit ok it turned bluetooth off on the device. I would recommend going to your phone bluetooth settings and unpairing the etrex from your phone, then going to the etrex phone settings and forgetting your phone from there. Once you have done that then I would recommend starting the pairing process as if its the first time. This should keep it all connected. There is not a need necessarily to turn the bluetooth on and off as the device will automatically connect when turned on. If you turn the status off and then back on you will most likely have to go through the pairing process again. Troubleshooting Pairing Issues for the eTrex SE or eTrex Solar