This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

why does Garmin Explore app start on phone when I use watch navigation? How do I stop it?

I noticed some while back that when stopping certain navigation tasks that I am doing on the watch, I'd get a notification from the Garmin Explore app on the phone saying that navigation has stopped. I never paid much attention until one day I was doing an event and I kept getting this nagging notification from the phone app that drove me to stop running so I could pull out the phone and shut it up. That really pissed me off.

I realise now that some navigation tasks on the watch also start up the phone Explore app and I worry, apart from nagging notifications, that it is using more phone battery than I want, running the gps on the phone. (I could shut the phone down or turn off bluetooth but some events require the phone to be on so that storm warnings or late course changes can be sent and it is useful to get notification on the watch if an emergency  message comes in from the race organisers)

I have looked for some setting that will stop the Explore app on the phone from being started when I want to just navigate with the watch but can't find anything except the 'sync current activity' and that didn't stop the problem,

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Terry