This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Elevation Plot isn't shown on device if route is synced via Explore App

The 'collection' feature and being able to import collections of (GPX) trails to the device via the sync feature in the Explore app is excellent. But there is an annoying catch: for some reason, I won't get the elevation plot if I do this.

More info:

Since I have multiple Garmin devices (GPSMAP 66i and Fenix 6) it takes less time if instead of copying the GPX files to both units, or sending them via Garmin Connect one by one, I sync them via the Explore App. Especially when I am heading to a multi-day trip and need multiple GPX files and tracks and waypoints etc., it is really handy to put everything I need in a "Collection", and then sync that collection to multiple devices.

Problem is, when I do this, I won't get the 'Elevation Plot' and information like how much elevation gain is remaining etc., not on my watch, and not on my GPS unit. I would get the map and length and everything else, only the elevation plot is missing.

If instead of syncing via Explore, I download the GPX file and copy it to the unit, or if I send it via Garmin Connect, in both cases I will have the elevation plot.

So this is probably a software bug for the Explore ecosystem rather than a GPX file problem etc.

Does anyone in the community have a fix for this?