This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Explore will not connect to paired GPSMAP 67

Having just got a GPSMAP 67, and having other Garmin devices that pair perfectly with Connect etc, I'm having all sorts of issues in trying to pair and use the GPSMAP 67 with Explore.

I've followed all of the troubleshooting tips on the Garmin help articles to no avail. I can pair with Connect fine, and I can pair it to Bluetooth on the phone fine so that both devices recognise each other, but during the process, Explore reports a failure - either an internet connection failure (despite devices being connected perfectly, or just 'an error occurred'. Leaving the pairing intact, but the Explore app thinking that it isn't paired!!

I've wiped the pairing from both devices, reset the devices, uninstalled the app, reinstalled etc, all to no avail.

I've tried it on Android, Apple iPhone IOS, Apple iPad IOS, all the latest versions.

Very frustrating!

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hello Please try the following steps in this exact order: 

1. Go to your phone bluetooth settings and make sure to unpair any connection you see for the GPSMAP 67. 

2. On the GPSMAP 67 go to the Main Menu > Setup > Bluetooth > Foreget Phone. 

3. In the Explore Mobile App go to Devices > select the gpsmap 67 is shown and choose remove device. 

4. Go back on the GPSMAP 67 device go to the Main Menu > Setup > Bluetooth > Connect. 

5. Go back to the explore mobile app > devices > add > GPSMAP > GPSMAP 67. 

6. Continue forward with connecting the device. 

Please let me know if it does not work after this and I will need to gather more information. 

• Yes, been through this process a number of times, except for point 3, as the pairing process never gets as far as registering in the app. It only pairs as far as the generic Bluetooth pairing on the phone before it again fails.
    There is supposed to be a ticket open for this, and I have provided screenshots of the error, and logs from the phone and device. Nothing back yet on this. For now I have given up and am using Basecamp and manually copying GPX files onto the device to use.

• Have you ever tried connecting to the garmin messenger app with your device? Have you tried a factory reset of your device and tried again? 

• Hi. Not the messenger app. mine is the 67, not 67i with inReach.
    I have reset using instructions using the 'Delete All' option. Started from scratch, and the same result unfirtunately.

Pairs perfectly with Garmin Connect though, perfectly, no errors. It's just Explore that I have problems with.

• I will pull your case and see if there is anything further from it.

• Thanks. it's been a while since I've tried to pair again to Explore. i might try again tonight to see if it will connect.

• Sorry, not sure what you are referring to. Check what exactly in my personal settings folder?

• Thankfully, this was resolved after an app update. :-)