This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to connect to Fenix 6

I have a Fenix 6 that successfully syncs to my phone and my tablet through Garmin Connect. I installed Explore and tried to connect. On both Android devices, the Fenix 6 appears in the list of devices, but in both cases connection times out. Bluetooth is enabled on the watch and on the Android devices otherwise Connect would not sync.

What's going on?

• Are you trying to have the watch paired to both the phone and tablet at the same time? If so, I would recommend trying to pair it to only one device, either the phone or the tablet but not both. Ensuring software is up to date on the watch and the phone, as well as having the latest versions of Connect and Explore apps installed on the phone is also important.

If it still isn't pairing to a single Android device in Explore app and all software is up to date please contact Product Support.

• I originally tried to pair it with Explore on my phone. When that didn't work, I installed Explore on my tablet and tried to pair the watch with that. Explore on both devices recognizes that the Fenix is there, just won't pair.

Looking just at the phone and watch:

• Connect (4.41.1) and Explore (2.19.0) are both up to date according to Google Play Store
    • Connect connects fine to the Fenix and can sync with no problems
    • Explore sees the Fenix
    • Fenix software is 15.20 according to Garmin Express
  • Having not bothered for the last two years, I got the notification of @nigel's answer and the watch is now syncing to Explore. Nothing changed on my part so I guess it's software updates. Still not sure I'll use Explore, though.

• Nice to hear you're enjoying your time with Garmin Devices.

I do love my Fenix 6 Pro, too!